Sorry but its getting old [Barnes discussion] (merged)

I don’t have an answer other than it’s just Tennessee. We always find a way to choke. Don’t know who to blame but it’s depressing. I enjoyed the season. Hopefully Tony Vitello brings us home a baseball championship.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Pretenders be Silent for a month but here they come.

The largest (and really only) criticism on Barnes has been his lack of NCAA tourney success. So yeah, id say after yet another disappointing finish they will be back to gripe about it. And they aren't wrong either no matter how bad it makes some of yall feel.

The largest (and really only) criticism on Barnes has been his lack of NCAA tourney success. So yeah, id say after yet another disappointing finish they will be back to gripe about it. And they aren't wrong either no matter how bad it makes some of yall feel.

being a pretend fan…….doesn’t bother me at all. Not sure how someone would even think that could “bother” someone over just seeing their team get put out.

however if you come around ONLY to bit ch and moan, and crap on the team, the fans and the coach……how can you “claim” to be a fan (not necessarily you but those who do)? Yet “fans” keep doing it.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
214th in the nation in FG percentage. Recruit players who can shoot

To say we don’t have shooters on our team is to feign ignorance to the max. We were in the top 2 three point teams of the SEC.

But yes, let’s just go with the excuse of “we don’t have any shooters and need to recruit them”

Pretenders be Silent for a month but here they come.

Rick Barnes-coached teams choke in postseason. And that's not up for debate.

In Tennessee's four postseason appearances under Barnes, Tennessee has lost to a team with a worse seed every season, including losing to two 11-seeds, and a 12-seed. That's embarrassing, regardless of the spin you want to put on it.

People who are calling him a Sweet 16 coach ... that's being too nice. He's only gotten us that far once since he's been here.

Barnes will retire here. He has basketball in a good place. He sucks in the tourney. It's known facts at this point. Hopefully by the time he hangs it up, he can make a deep run with a team. It is what it is. We are a very good basketball program, we have the ability to be an elite one. That will not come until we actually make some noise in March though.

Having Rick Barnes on your sideline is the equivalent of Buzz Peterson.. You KNOW he will never win anything meaningful. So what is the point?

I vote we push him to retire. I'd rather go back to sucking and the administration continue to look for someone who can actually win when it matters then trot the biggest choker in ncaa tournament history out there every year for the guaranteed L.

Barnes sucks.

Reactions: 08Vol
ZZ missed 2 wide open 3's then JJJ missed a wide open 3. All from the same spot. Barnes has got to those guys to not shoot from there.

Reactions: 08Vol
Watch out! You'll be labeled a Barnes HATER.
Yup, clearly if we point out first weekend record we “hate” CRB. But hey, they police this board and try to weed out posters who don’t cary water for the man. To be clear, I personally like CRB, and we had a good season, but he just cannot get it done in the tourney, and that won’t change no matter how much I hoped it would

VN Store

Back