Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

scare me to death today. I’ve seen this movie before.

Here’s hoping this team gets him over the hump.

You made an entire thread about this before……why you need to make another one?

We get it.

Tennessee won the SEC tournament. Tennessee been playing great……you still need to get your negative shots in when you can.

But again……you already made an entire thread on this topic.

He couldn’t beat Bruce until he did.

He couldn’t make it out of the first weekend until he did.

He couldn’t win a post-season tournament until he did.

I’m nervous too and for the same reason, but something is different about this team. If they play their game, they will win.

I’d give you 100 Likes if I could. Every fan is nervous this time of year, ask Baylor! But Vols win unless we get into serious foul trouble and go ice cold. Must eliminate numerous Scoring droughts

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
This is a large part of why I wanted to win the SEC Tournament—Vols fans have this collective anxiety about basketball even when we're playing really well. Not saying we can't lose to Michigan, because we definitely can, but I want to start referencing past points of success instead of defaulting to trauma.

Reactions: TennTom
This is a large part of why I wanted to win the SEC Tournament—Vols fans have this collective anxiety about basketball even when we're playing really well. Not saying we can't lose to Michigan, because we definitely can, but I want to start referencing past points of success instead of defaulting to trauma.
A large contingent of our fanbase are lifetime members of the Legions of the Miserable™ .

Barnes isn't getting fired and will coach until he decides it's time to retire. Just don't get suckered in by pre-NCAA tournament success or great recruiting classes, because we aren't winning NCAA games outside of overwhelming mismatches with him as the coach. I don't know why, but he's done it 24 of 25 years now.

The program will be in great shape for the next guy, whenever that comes. Hopefully we all live to see a guy who can get it done in March and April.

VN Store

Back