The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

I've never ignored anyone, but I sure am dong it now. Why do people who never speak when we win, come out of the woodwork when we lose? A bunch of other team fans? Surely can't be VOLS fans because this team was amazing and Barnes did a great job coaching them up-- Winner of SEC championship.

To all folks who are bashing this loss. Think about this.

There are 350 D1 Bball teams. There are only 130 D1 Football teams and only the top 15 really matter each year. No way a 120 can be in the game at all with a team in the top 10 in Football.

Point is that basketball is way more competitive. Sure there are very few teams that are around that top 5 each year but on any given day a lower team may come up and surprise someone. (St Peter’s over Kentucky, Oral Roberts I believe it was last year).

Let that sink in a bit.

We won the SEC championship first time since 1979 and next year should be pre season top 10 again. Barnes can’t go out there and make the 3s. This was super competitive. 2 or more 3 pointers fall for us and everyone on here would be saying how great we are.

Heh, that's super swell and great and all that but how come it's ALWAYS someone who "comes up and surprises" Tennessee? Why can't it be Tennessee doing the surprising? Oh well. I'm not even bashing the team or anything, they had a pretty good season. But it never seems to be enough to get over the hump. Even when they look good, it's never enough.

I just felt we let them dictate the game and we played to their level instead of ours and really that is on coach
Dickerson dictated the game. We’ve not seen a 7’-1” guy who could shoot that well. All the tv breaks saved them allowing Dickerson enough breaks to play a bunch of minutes

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Vescovi was all over the court making plays. What’re you talking about?
This was not just about not being able to hit threes. There were significant stretches of this game that Michigan got any shot they wanted. Also, Michigan was able to run our guards off the three point line all night. Vescovi might have got two good looks the whole game. There is a reason we shot a low percentage. Rick got seriously outcoached in this one too.
We shot 11% from three. It was absolutely about not hitting threes— Wide open threes.

I thought we might get some breaks and make the final 4 but i didnt see us going past that. I also didnt see us not making the sweet 16.

The thing I don't understand is why Aidoo played so little. He did decently against the Michigan big and then sat the rest of the game while he pummeled Uros and Fulky.
I hardly ever comment but Aidoo not playing more confused me so much. I hate to do this because I never like to zero in on a player but Vescovi killed us on both ends of the court. He’s probably my favorite player and due to my frustration, I kept watching him and he was just all out of sorts. Was not moving around on offense, couldn’t stay with his man on defense and just was not confident at all…so weird

Barnes haters been laying low a few weeks and suddenly they came out with a vengeance with their well rested thumbs. Barnes haters will celebrate tonight…. Congrats on another big win!
They grabbed another drink and have settled in for a long night… this bashing is impressive.

Michigan played lights out. The only we we were gonna lose is if they played at their highest level. They did and we went cold. Great season Vols—still proud of them.
I’m with you, just not yet. Still stinging a little too much. Maybe tomorrow.

VN Store

Back