The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

These clowns all picked Michigan lol. Said we have no answer for Dickinson, Michigan is great defensively on the wing, and that we have no post offense in a physical game. Also said Juwan Howard has never lost as a player or coach before the Elite 8. I don’t think they said one good thing about Tennessee.

Man, this team gets honestly no respect from pundits. I hope we keep on wearing that chip on our shoulder.

There is some truth to the lack of offense from the post in a physical game quote. It is a big concern in any game not just this one.

There is some truth to the lack of offense from the post in a physical game quote. It is a big concern in any game not just this one.

Agree with no double elimination or anything like that its worrisome.All it takes is one bad game,and bad quarter run etc and your done.Havinf tharbug presense down low even if shots aint falling toss it down low whatever.I feel where gonna need giys like Hatfield,Plavic etc to step up at some point.Then again they may stay on fire and make a run similar to Auburns.Anyone guess but the down low presense is def a lil concerning moving forward.

They leave the mid range two as the open spot, and that’s our weakness. Their guards aren’t fast, but they have length. Could be a weird game for us. They’ll leave Dickinson in the lane all night. He’s good at blocks without fouls. We have to force him to foul early. They won’t be able to handle our no screen cutting, but they’re tall enough to challenge threes on the run.
This is my biggest concern as well. Our guards will blow by their guards, but if they try to shoot layups, Dickinson will probably block them into the stands. That means they will have to pull up for short jumpers, which our guards are not great at. Fortunately, this has become a key part of Josiah Jordan James’s game. I think he will have to be a huge factor to assure a win. Someone else mentioned it, but Fulkerson with his cutting ability might play a big part as well.

Lesson to be learned from Baylor game. Carolina out-hustled Baylor to get a big lead and Baylor did not have enough in the tank to go ahead.

TN must come out fired up and focused. Go Vols.

In the words of Fulmer when he gave his 1998 pregame National Championship speech. " You do not have to play perfect but play your butts off."

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have the butterflies... I really don't know what to expect. I feel like we should win, but they are definitely talented enough to beat us. I'm gonna need a buzz to make it through this game.
See Baylor. All it takes is a bad stretch to get too far behind to overcome.

Reactions: NC_Vol64
Every game from here on out is a one game Championship! Defend our rear off and let the rest take care of itself! Let’s go! 😎

VN Store

Back