ALLIGATOR ATTACKS

Is it me or do the alligators seem to be getting more aggressive and bold here lately?

It's you. I've been fishing around alligators all my life and one was never aggressive, the most they do is follow you around hoping to steal your fish, which can obviously be very disconcerting if you aren't used to it. If they do more than that and try to really invade your personal space it's because they've been fed by people and are looking for a handout. I did spook one on my kayak once and it inadvertently rocked me a little.

Reactions: Juanita
alligators-can-live-up-100-years-which-is-why-there-is-an-increased-chance-they-will-see-later

My Granny lived in LaBelle, Florida for a few years. It's a bit inland. But it rained, oh lawd, it rained. And there was an alligator walking up her street. They are scary looking critters.

I used to handle and feed the alligators at one of the zoos I worked at. They were pretty laid back. Actually very smart. All the wild ones I’ve interacted with were similar. The problem is when people feed them - they aren’t scared any longer. Which is what was most likely happening with the kayaker.

Reactions: SoilVol and Juanita
This isn’t about Jerry’s Stratocaster?

I’ll see myself out. At least until we start talking about Jerry.

VN Store

Back