Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 6 of the top 25 KenPom teams. They have 3. They don't even have a top-12 team and we have 3.

Maybe they are deeper, but that's just like their football teams...a lot of mediocre teams that get smacked on the national stage.
I think Illinois has the team to go the furthest from the big 10. Maybe Iowa. The rest do not impress.

Last edited:
They have changed several years throughout the years in football and basketball to make it easier for the offense. I hate the shift but don’t like the rule change either…. As for talking about guys going the opposite way…… players are taught an entirely different style of hitting nowadays…. I don’t think it is that simple for them to change their swing to go the opposite way anymore.

This is just an indicator of society now.
Old days, work harder and impose your will on the opponent or change your abilities to beat the opponent.

Now, change rules cause it’s too hard for you to put in the work to change and succeed…

😐

Update on our little man. He got out of surgery just a little while ago. Everything went well and he’s now in recovery. We are so relieved and thankful of all of you. Still a long road ahead but the hardest part is now behind us. Thank you all again so much for your support and prayers
LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOO

They have changed several years throughout the years in football and basketball to make it easier for the offense. I hate the shift but don’t like the rule change either…. As for talking about guys going the opposite way…… players are taught an entirely different style of hitting nowadays…. I don’t think it is that simple for them to change their swing to go the opposite way anymore.
Garbage...change the rules because it is too hard to learn how to actually hit the ball...absolute garbage.

Baseball was my sport. I know the game. This is like changing football rules to eliminate 2 high safeties because QBs are struggling to fit the ball in tight windows. The shift has been legal since the beginning of baseball. You don't change the rules because teams adapted their defenses. You adjust on offense. And the adjustments are actually pretty obvious.

And as for pitchers throwing 100 mph....great. Then it should be easier to go the other way instead of trying to pull the ball into a shift. Or do what some players did in the MLB post season last year...bunt down the 3rd base line for the easy single they're giving you until you get them out of the shift.

This isn't about the game being harder now. It's about hitters being too stubborn and prideful to adapt...even when that adaptation is something as simple and obvious like bunting. Not that bunting is a skill anyone learns anymore. But why make them, when we can just change the rules to accommodate their lack of skill? That's what sports are all about. I guess.
Great post! I agree 💯%

Garbage...change the rules because it is too hard to learn how to actually hit the ball...absolute garbage.
The rule is dumb but the only reason for it is money. Hitters want it to get better stats that lead to better contracts and MLB wants it because they feel like more power hitters means more people will watch.

View attachment 439932View attachment 439933View attachment 439934View attachment 439935
First part of the week, we stayed in the mountains in this house overlooking the rainforest in the valley below. My daughter really wanted the beach, or I would have been happy in the rainforest all week. 🤠
beautiful. be safe. buddy of mine said when he was on coast that a group of traffickers came in to town looking for gringos.

as always stand gaurd. and if threatened remember to be nice, until its time to not be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back