Do you play Chandler today?

When your on a deep team you have to earn your minutes. Unfortunately, those 3 haven’t produced much when given the chance. Hopefully that will change soon
The only one out of that group that would deserve minutes in Chandler’s absence is Bailey. Mashack just isn’t ready yet. And I had high hopes for Powell coming in. I honestly thought he would push Vescovi for the starting spot whenever we got him. He has been a huge letdown in my eyes.

Reactions: walkenvol
Man, I've rolled my ankles hundreds of times, but it was always off somebody's foot, when I was young. Always tightened up my laces and went back out there. Now, the next day, it was always worse, but I slapped an Ace bandage around it and played, anyway. Usually, after I got going, I felt like I was 95%. Paid for it, that night, tho. But, I wasn't playing college basketball. My ankles are bad now, at 51. Still wear high tops, because if I step in a little hole while walking the dogs, there's a 50/50 chance I'm rolling it.

Ok, I rambled enough, about a never-was. Imo, it comes down to what Chandler wants to do and I bet he wants to play, especially against Kentucky, in prime time

The only one out of that group that would deserve minutes in Chandler’s absence is Bailey. Mashack just isn’t ready yet. And I had high hopes for Powell coming in. I honestly thought he would push Vescovi for the starting spot whenever we got him. He has been a huge letdown in my eyes.
I agree about Powell. I thought a light would come on and he would really add some fire power to our offense. Powell has really disappeared.

I'm kinda old school but back in my day you rolled your ankle you just put an elastic ankle brace on it to stablize the side to side movement and went on. You don't do that today?

Reactions: The Dog
I'm kinda old school but back in my day you rolled your ankle you just put an elastic ankle brace on it to stablize the side to side movement and went on. You don't do that today?
I’m sure he will be wearing an ankle support brace. I don’t think it will be much of an issue for him honestly. If it were a high sprain then he definitely wouldn’t be playing. It would be highly doubtful if he could play in the NCAAT. Those are much more serious.

Even though Chandler insisted he was "fine" last night, if he struggles and is hobbled today, I would sit him and not risk further injury. I realize he's a competitor an wants to play (especially against Kentucky) but there is a bigger picture to consider here. I'd rather have him as healthy as possible for a NCAA Tourney run.

Vols face a similar situation Kentucky was during the game in TBA. Ty Ty Washington was questionable before the game, played and clearly wasn't ready, and later Coach Cal regretted playing him even though Ty Ty insisted he was "fine".

Even though Chandler insisted he was "fine" last night, if he struggles today, I would sit him and not risk further injury. I realize he's a competitor an wants to play (especially against Kentucky) but there is a bigger picture to consider here. I'd rather have him as healthy as possible for a NCAA Tourney run.

Vols face a similar situation Kentucky was during the game in TBA. Ty Ty Washington was questionable before the game, played and clearly wasn't ready, and later Coach Cal regretted playing him even though Ty Ty insisted he was "fine".
Washington left that game against Florida with about 13 minutes left in the game and didn’t return. Chandler kept playing so it makes me think it’s not nearly as bad as Washington’s.

Reactions: walkenvol
Rub a little dirt on it. Well, it was the only treatment we had back the. Also if it wasn't broke you played until it was.

Washington left that game against Florida with about 13 minutes left in the game and didn’t return. Chandler kept playing so it makes me think it’s not nearly as bad as Washington’s.

Good point, and I hope you're right. We'll see what happens today.

We're fortunate to have Chad Newman and Coach G on the basketball staff. I'm sure they've had Kennedy in treatment since last night.

If Chandler says he can go,let him go.You don't ever give up on a game because someone has an injury for the future.

Yeah everyone wants to beat Ky but is it worth KC maybe reinsuring his ankle & missing next week? Hell, no.

Barnes has a tougher decision than many of may us think. He knows the extent of the injury more than us.

The 2017-18 team got hit with Alexander’s injury, last yr it was Fulky out. Even Bernard king broke his thumb in practice and missed the 1976 tourney.
No, sit him.
GBO!!

I would hold KC out until the NCAA tourney. Roll with Powell or VJ and see if one of them can work through their issues and get hot. Would be nice to have one of those two show up with some clutch minutes in a deep tourney run.

Did you not watch the game? He turned it really bad in the first 4 minutes, and then turned it about 2-3 more times throughout the game.

I saw the last one on slo-mo, and he definitely turned it again. I've had a few ankle injuries, and it gets to the point that you can hardly walk on flat surface without re-injuring it. With him doing all that in one game, it is really concerning. I don't have all the answers. I just hope they make the right decisions. It's probably going to be a tough call, whichever way they go.

I say sit him, because Volnation will be a fun place to visit after KY easily beats us, our ncaa seeding gets dropped, and Barnes is blamed for KC “being out of rhythm” during the big dance.

TyTy Washington had a similar injury. Definitely hurt him trying to come back too quickly.

VN Store

Back