Do you play Chandler today?

wmcovol

Yeah everyone wants to beat Ky but is it worth KC maybe reinsuring his ankle & missing next week? Hell, no.

Barnes has a tougher decision than many of may us think. He knows the extent of the injury more than us.

The 2017-18 team got hit with Alexander’s injury, last yr it was Fulky out. Even Bernard king broke his thumb in practice and missed the 1976 tourney.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
What exactly happened to his ankle? Barnes says he got kicked so it’s just an impact bruise. Everyone on here posting like it’s a third degree sprain. Anyone know for sure.

What exactly happened to his ankle? Barnes says he got kicked so it’s just an impact bruise. Everyone on here posting like it’s a third degree sprain. Anyone know for sure.
Did you not watch the game? He turned it really bad in the first 4 minutes, and then turned it about 2-3 more times throughout the game.

Did you not watch the game? He turned it really bad in the first 4 minutes, and then turned it about 2-3 more times throughout the game.
Nope. Just going by what Barnes said. That’s why I asked the objective question as to what happened.

If KC wants to try to give it a go, then I would let him. Only he truly knows what his body is feeling like.

Reactions: i2amavol
What Chandler did in the game I did several times in my junior and senior year of high school. Appears to be a low ankle sprain. Which are much easier to deal with and play through than a high ankle sprain. But once you turn it like that, it becomes easier to do it again and again. But usually after a few minutes of walking it out you can play through it.

Legit high ankle sprain takes months to completely heal from and totally suck.

I’m not a dr, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once. Rolled ankles are painful. The best thing at first is too keep the muscles around the area loose unless there is swelling. I’m sure he received around the clock treatment to help the muscles and area from tightening.

Personally, I wouldn’t play him. It is so easy to continue to turn the ankle again.

There is also a psyche thing w a player like Chandler so Barnes may allow him to play if he is cleared.
Go Vols!

What Chandler did in the game I did several times in my junior and senior year of high school. Appears to be a low ankle sprain. Which are much easier to deal with and play through than a high ankle sprain. But once you turn it like that, it becomes easier to do it again and again. But usually after a few minutes of walking it out you can play through it.

Legit high ankle sprain takes months to completely heal from and totally suck.
I concur. I had a high ankle sprain sophomore year and couldn’t play until baseball season. Even then I wasn’t 100%. I tried practicing on it the day after the game in which it happened. Even with like 5 pounds of tape and a brace, I couldn’t put hardly any weight through it just going through the layup line. I looked like a wounded animal trying to run lol

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I concur. I had a high ankle sprain sophomore year and couldn’t play until baseball season. Even then I wasn’t 100%. I tried practicing on it the day after the game in which it happened. Even with like 5 pounds of tape and a brace, I couldn’t put hardly any weight through it just going through the layup line. I looked like a wounded animal trying to run lol

Yep. I've had just about every ankle injury possible. Low, high sprain, broken, had to have surgery. Honestly, it took me less time to come back from a broken and dislocated ankle than a high sprain. It took a good 9 months before I felt like was 100% with the high sprain.

Yep. I've had just about every ankle injury possible. Low, high sprain, broken, had to have surgery. Honestly, it took me less time to come back from a broken and dislocated ankle than a high sprain. It took a good 9 months before I felt like was 100% with the high sprain.
Damn you got some Steph Curry ankles

Reactions: chuckiepoo
and maybe give Opie (Powell), Bailey and Mashack more minutes as well
When your on a deep team you have to earn your minutes. Unfortunately, those 3 haven’t produced much when given the chance. Hopefully that will change soon

I'm sure the UT Medical staff will have a big say in the matter. As long as the OK him I hope he plays.

VN Store

Back