‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I was thinking about that. What happens if, say, Arch goes to Texas and Bama decides to throw 20M at Nico? How binding is a NIL contract for a player who hasn't signed? For that matter, what happens if (heaven forbid) Nicole is injures in an accident and can never play? Seems to me that there are a lot of moving parts until the player is signed and on campus. I know people get paid to worry about this stuff, but there seems to me to be a lot of uncertainty under the best of circumstances.
And you also have the worries of the transfer portal

Reactions: BondJamesBond
Ga boards are freaking out lol. They are so scared. Amazing that they had no problem paying players illegally but now it’s wrong!
Good. Screw Georgia. Screw Florida. Taking back our side of the conference! Screw bammer as well. Landing Nico and 4-5 other highly rated guys guarantees a top 10 class. Great starting point. I’d pay for Pass rushers and offensive line now. Heck. Pay for it all. Go full A&M. Time to whoop everyone again!

I want to bathe in UGA tears.

Anyone want to share those posts from their 247 board?
First of all, they're idiots. One thinks Steston is better lololol

They also think that once we buy Nico that we're suddenly out of cash. Spyre said they're shooting for 30 million a year. 2 mil to Nico doesn't empty the pot. Someone should tell those morons. Listen at these posts:

If true, it’s hard to see where they will have to end in terms of dollars to actually have great players around him. The will need to put $2 million a year toward OL, $3-4m toward skill players and about $5-6m toward defense if they expect to compete with us… Good luck!

Who’s gonna keep him upright? Who’s he gonna throw to? Who on their defense is stopping ANYONE? Yeah Trevor Lawrence was incredible but Clemmons defense was good. A 5 star QB can’t win it alone.

Some are so dumb that they don't know how a collective or just how NIL works in general

Lol. TN doesn’t have 8 million to drop on a recruit. Their program has been bleeding money for a decade.

Kirby can raise money with the best of them and Atlanta is head and shoulders above any other “football city” as far as money raising potential! Who can compete with Atlanta??

At least a couple of them are smart...

We better get with the program. People want to kinda laugh all this stuff off, but this has serious potential to be the great equalizer and do it very quickly. UGA better start playing the game more than we apparently are

Y’all judging someone who you’ve never met, for doing some you all would do.

It’s a shame grown men are talking trash about a kid.

There’s literal children who have YouTube pages that make 8 mil a year.

Y’all need to grow up and stop drinking the haterade

Some are scared..

If anything ends up limiting Kirby's success it might be NIL. Programs like A&M's and Oregon's that haven't been able to attract top classes in the past but are swimming in cash seem to be the likely beneficiaries if The NCAA and/or legislators don't learn how to manage the process.

Is that the sound of the NCAA heating up the regulations committee that I hear?

This ain’t gonna continue for long…

I hope we can get structure to NIL and avoid having to play that game.

Funny how paying players was fine with them when they were doing it illegally and had the advantage but now they're upset...

8 million for a high schooler that hasn’t proved anything. Wow is all I can say. how could any kid turn that down at any school? NIL is going to ruin the sport if parameters arent put into place soon

Last edited:
Before I piss of the lurking Georgia trolls, Kirby inherited a loaded roster with very little to no rebuilding involved whatsoever.

To say he’s an elite coach is laughable.

Saban built Bama into an elite program.

Carry on…

Curious but what is the criteria for being an elite coach?

What has he proven to be an elite coach?

Cause he won a National Championship?

If that’s the case, then Gene Chizik is an elite coach.

Cause he beat Bama?

If that’s the case then Hugh Freeze and Guz Malzahn are elite coaches.

Coaches like Urban Meyer and Saban are considered elite coaches with a track record to prove that.

The fact Georgia fans are even putting him on the same level of those coaches are delusional as hell.

What he described. Nick Saban has done it at two programs, LSU and Bama. Bama was a dumpster fire when he took over and look where it is now. Urban did it at Utah, Florida, and OSU. Elite coaches take programs that are down and build them up like what Campbell is doing at Iowa State. Kirby went to a ten win team, brought the bama cheating program with them and recruited better as a result. He's a great recruiter. I would not call him an elite coach. He hasn't built anything. He simply lines up with more talent than the opponent 12 out of 13 times a year. He has some really bad losses in his tenure and has been out coached multiple times. And we all know what happens if Bama has their two receivers out there in the championship game.

Before I piss of the lurking Georgia trolls, Kirby inherited a loaded roster with very little to no rebuilding involved whatsoever.

To say he’s an elite coach is laughable.

Saban built Bama into an elite program.

Carry on…
If you want to make the argument that Saban is the only elite coach in America, fine. I think that's a silly definition of the word elite.

What Smart has done since 2016 stacks up against anybody not named Saban. Even stacks up well against Dabo Sweeney. Say what you want about Georgia's built in advantages, they don't have the advantage of getting to play high school teams 10 weeks out of the year.

The fact they believe we have no money is just hilarious to me. Shows how brain dead many of these CFB fans are. The donors we have, Spyre and just the overall massive fanbase makes it easy to raise 25-30M a year. Hell, Spyre even admitted to setting a goal of 3-4M and almost immediately were like "yeahhhh i think we can get 25 plus." When we start winning its gonna skyrocket even more. For the first time in a while we have the AD, coaches, players and everyone starting to pull in the same direction and its showing. We are doing well again in most of the sports and the culture is getting healthier day by day. Feels to good to see UT start to remind people who we are again.

Last edited:

ZecayM.gif

Are boosters going to start making money off of NIL deals? They are paying for players likeness but I don't see the return that generates. Are donors going to start making money off Tennessee football operations revenue in return for paying for their roster?

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Are boosters going to start making money off of NIL deals? They are paying for players likeness but I don't see the return that generates. Are donors going to start making money off Tennessee football operations revenue in return for paying for their roster?

Have boosters ever gotten a return for the money they give players? They might actually see some in the form of social media advertising done by the players they pay now. More chance of an ROI now than before NIL.

No one that's contributing real money is doing it for free

But Saban was bragging about Bryce Young NIL money. Them and Georgia will find a way. We need to go into Georgia and get a big time player now.

Saban was trying to scare folks off, thinking $1mm was a barrier to entry too high for other folks and we'd just fold up. Instead it made us double down and create a monster lol

The fact they believe we have no money is just hilarious to me. Shows how brain dead many of these CFB fans are. The donors we have, Spyre and just the overall massive fanbase makes it easy to raise 25-30M a year. Hell, Spyre even admitted to setting a goal of 3-4M and almost immediately were like "yeahhhh i think we can get 25 plus." When we start winning more its gonna skyrocket even more. For the first time in a while we have the AD, coaches, players and everyone starting to pull in the same direction and its showing. We are doing well again in most of the sports and the culture is getting healthier day by day. Feels to good to see UT start to remind people who we are again.

Ah to read again all those posts late last year about how UT will never compete with the big boys in terms of NIL. So much bitching. Giving away cookies while the Aggies dropping millions. You kids...

VN Store

Back