‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Both UGA and Florida already have posts worrying over the $8 million man...

They done gone and sharted, just as the prophecy foretold.
I think TN just set a new "bar" for top QB's, assuming all this is true. I truly believe the big schools thought their name alone would still get them whomever they wanted for very little $. This probably makes them have to rethink how they do business going forward.

I think TN just set a new "bar" for top QB's, assuming all this is true. I truly believe the big schools thought their name alone would still get them whomever they wanted for very little $. This probably makes them have to rethink how they do business going forward.
Yes and being a great recruiter or not doesn’t matter anymore… it’s all about the NIL.

In the grand scheme of NIL all we’re doing is establishing a new market for a top tier 5* QB. I’m not even remotely mad at the 8 mil because we all know it’s not guaranteed money. These contracts will have tons of clauses that players have to live up to. The best part is it is sending a shockwave through college right now similar to the Texas A&M 2022 class and everyone knows we aren’t screwing around anymore. Teams are now having to reevaluate their NIL structure, and kids like Malachi and Arch are about to be massive bidding wars. We seemingly got our guy and now these other teams are going to have to scramble and match that figure to even be in the race for those other guys. Saban, Kirby, Jimbo, and Sark are probably having to call the bag guys to find out what’s possible now.
Can you imagine what AL and GA are thinking now if they want Arch, and then add in TX who might have as much money as anyone. It's about to get interesting.
Go Vols!!

Not gonna lie.
This $8m article/insider leaks has kind of killed the commitment anticipation vibe for me...Will he sign?, Who's he's picking if not UT?
Now it's like ok. We got him who's the next big fish we're going after.

Not gonna lie.
This $8m article/insider leaks has kind of killed the commitment anticipation vibe for me...Will he sign?, Who's he's picking if not UT?
Now it's like ok. We got him who's the next big fish we're going after.

If it makes you feel any better, nothing is over till it’s over. Still need that commitment.

Hopefully Ubben/Mandel’s article doesn’t piss the family off and delay/cancel a commitment plan…
Well if he's signed a contract there may be penalties from backing out may be, who knows...
But don't see how they can be too pissed when you have the Uncle who came with him here on his Twitter basically gushing all over UT

Not exactly.
I think recruiting the "middle" tier players will be about recruiter, but when schools start throwing 7 digits figures around 18 year old kids, it becomes much less about the recruiter than the $$$ they are seeing.
If I had a kid offered this insane amount of money, I wouldn't stop them going from any school they wanted. Doesn't matter which school because their life is changed forever. It would then become about teaching your kid financial responsibility but I wouldn't care what color shirt or logo he was wearing.
JMO

If it makes you feel any better, nothing is over till it’s over. Still need that commitment.
I was thinking about that. What happens if, say, Arch goes to Texas and Bama decides to throw 20M at Nico? How binding is a NIL contract for a player who hasn't signed? For that matter, what happens if (heaven forbid) Nicole is injures in an accident and can never play? Seems to me that there are a lot of moving parts until the player is signed and on campus. I know people get paid to worry about this stuff, but there seems to me to be a lot of uncertainty under the best of circumstances.

VN Store

Back