‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

The “kid” didn’t merely USE them. Stole them and got called on it…big time! Only one who should remember it as a mistake is the thief himself. Maybe even he learned a lesson. As big and/or athletic as you may be, there’s always someone bigger willing and able to give you a whup down.
Just think what would've happened if Trey hadn't pulled his punches.

Remember that time Trey Smith beat the crap out of a kid for using his beats in the hotel? Not the right answer then but KIDS make mistakes as does everyone on this board. Get off the soap boxes and let the kid mature. Trey, Juan, Jeremy are all shining examples of one mistake not defining them as a human being.

If this kid had stole his stuff then I would have no problem with him asking for it then beating the crap out of the kid if he didn’t. Hauling off and doing a punch in a handshake line is not the same.

You must've loved Janzen Jackson and Nukeese Richardson then... I would definitely rather have players that are smart and work hard over players that sucker punch dudes while shaking hands
Wished those guys were around last year when some of our players were cutting up with Henry T like they were best friends.. as he had a lit cigar in his hand because his team just won by 28

If this kid had stole his stuff then I would have no problem with him asking for it then beating the crap out of the kid if he didn’t. Hauling off and doing a punch in a handshake line is not the same.
You have special effects eyes, there was no,none, nada, zero haul off punches. or any other kind that was on that tape .

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The “kid” didn’t merely USE them. Stole them and got called on it…big time! Only one who should remember it as a mistake is the thief himself. Maybe even he learned a lesson. As big and/or athletic as you may be, there’s always someone bigger willing and able to give you a whup down.
17 is a kid. They were roommates at a showcase. Size has zero correlation to maturity so the quotations use for kid is stupid.
He also "believed" they were stolen. Go back and read the article before stating definitives.

Last edited:
It's also a 17 yr old making one mistake. Before people use a stupid scenario like if I did that at my job I'd be farred they should realize their an adult with probably twice the life experience. We were all jackasses at 17 too and did **** we just got away with. People tend to forget about or ignore those things and act like they're the picture of perfection.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
17 is a kid. They were roommates at a showcase. Size has zero correlation to maturity so the quotations use for kid is stupid.
He also "believed" they were stolen. Go back and read the article before stating definitives.
Trey was the same age… with the preening “correlation” bs. And I remember the situation…DEFINITIVELY remember it. MF had it coming and he’s a better man for it.

Trey was the same age… with the preening “correlation” bs. And I remember the situation…DEFINITIVELY remember it. MF had it coming and he’s a better man for it.
Wow, I touched a nerve. Very unlike you Butchna. Kinda sad really.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
“It’s been interesting for sure,” the prospect said of the interest. “Last month, a lot of coaches came by the school and were talking to me and my coach. It’s been fun and cool seeing all the schools who have been reaching out and growing the bonds with those schools.” Virginia Tech, Purdue, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina and Memphis sent representatives to East Tennessee right before the dead period, but make no mistake, the home team is very much in the picture. Tennessee offered the local talent following a camp day back in June. Bishop spent almost every home game this season inside Neyland Stadium and plans to be in attendance for Tennessee’s Junior Day on March 5. The Volunteers also stopped by to see Bishop play in person against Powell last season. “They like how I’m very coachable. In the camps I’ve gone to, anything they wanted me to fix I fixed on the next snap,” the running back said of UT coaches. “They like that I’m mobile. They already knew what I could do at running back, so that put me out at receiver some and I made some plays. They also like how I’m explosive and like watching that on film.”
“It’s a really cool offense. The offensive coordinator [Alex Golesh] brought me back there and broke down the offense on film – just from how they played at UCF before the season,” Bishop said of Tennessee. “It’s definitely an explosive offense that makes plays. “They ask a lot of the running back – whether it’s running the ball, blocking or going out for a pass. They are very mobile and sometimes put the running back in the slot. They also like to rotate a lot and get some younger guys in.” Bishop’s 441 carries in 2021 tied for the most in a single-season in TSSAA history and his 3,179-yard tally was the second-most rushing total in TSSAA single-season history. But the prospect knows the importance of being versatile and believes he could be just that in Tennessee’s offense. “They’ve talked to me about how the draft process works,” the prospect said of the Volunteers. “They say that a player who can play more positions will stick out and will be more useful in any offense.”
More unofficial visits will be on the horizon this spring with official visits beginning over the summer. But don’t expect a decision any time soon. “We’ll have to see what all comes in by football season and hopefully narrow it down to a top-five or top-three and begin to think about where I want to go,” Bishop said. “It’s all confusing right now, so I don’t really know when a decision will happen.”
Tennessee will be in the mix and the fact that the prospect is a Knox County resident could help the Volunteers. “I think that would be dope,” Bishop said when asked what it would feel like to play for Tennessee. “It would be a pretty big thing because my mom would like to see me stay close. A lot of my coaches would like to see me go there and my friends would think it’s cool to see me play for the Vols.”
-VQ

The recruitment of Bishop is an odd one to me because he doesn’t have a ton of traction for a kid that ran for over 3000 yards in just 12 games last season. With that said, he does not take any trips and only camped at three schools last summer which could be the reason people are hesitant on him. That’s not a bad thing for Tennessee as the Vols clearly like Bishop.
-VQ

Makes me want him even more if he swung at someone. We’ve had too many soft ass kids on this roster over the past few years. Want some guys that will either do whatever it takes to win or hurt someone trying

Good sportsmanship is overrated. Every teams fans, players and coaches has trashed us for 15 years, we have no reason to ever be self-righteous
Damn right lol

DeSean Bishop has made the short drive to Tennessee’s campus several times since getting a scholarship offer from the Vols more than nine months ago. They have continued to impress him each time he has been there, but his latest visit to Tennessee might have been his best yet.

The Class of 2023 running back from Knoxville’s Karns High School said the Vols made him feel like a priority Saturday during his visit for their latest junior day, and it was “probably the coolest” visit there he has experienced so far. Bishop said he enjoyed “getting to actually sit down and talk to some of the coaching staff,” led by running backs coach Jerry Mack.

“I actually got to talk to the running back coach, Coach Mack, about how the offense is going to be run and what they expect out of the running-back position in their offense, and showing me what their scheme is like and all their audibles and stuff like that, and how fast they play and what he expects out of the running backs,” said Bishop, who’s ranked the No. 717 overall prospect and No. 45 running back in the 2023 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“Definitely different from my last few visits. This was probably the coolest one. Came down to talk to him one-on-one, and (I enjoyed) getting that college feel early.”

The 5-foot-10, 194-pound Bishop has indicated on multiple occasions that Tennessee is at the top of his list. He now has received scholarship offers from nine schools, but he said the Vols are one of his “two top teams right now,” along with Purdue.

Bishop has stayed in frequent contact with Tennessee since earning an offer from the Vols in early June with a strong showing at one of their camps, but he’s now hearing even more from them. He said he’s talking with Tennessee “almost, like, every day now — at least probably four times out of the week.”

The extra attention from the Vols carried over into Saturday’s visit, when he said Mack “showed me a few clips from their previous games (last) year — me and him basically one-on-one.”

“I mean, it’s way different from seeing it in-game and then when it actually gets broken down to you,” Bishop said. “Some of the stuff, I didn’t even see watching the game. It was definitely a good experience to see really what it looks like broken down — like, every small detail about it. … I can see myself in Tennessee’s offense.”

Heupel himself recently has been talking with Bishop, he said, as much as anyone on the Vols’ staff. He said he’s also hearing from Mack and Aston Walter, Tennessee’s assistant running backs coach.

“It’s Heupel, I think, almost every day,” Bishop said. “He’ll shoot me a little text. The newest running back coach they got, Coach Walt, he’ll talk to me pretty often or, if it’s not him, it’s Coach Mack. … (Heupel will) shoot me a little quote, like, probably every day, early in the morning.

“I mean, you want a head coach to talk to you. I think that’s, like, the biggest confidence booster — good feeling — when the head coach is talking to you pretty much every day. It just goes back to the camp where he personally offered me, came up to me in person and offered me. That was a pretty big deal, a school like Tennessee. It’s a big thing. It’s a big deal.”

While he has grown up near Tennessee’s campus and he has attended several of the Vols’ football games at Neyland Stadium, he said Saturday’s visit allowed him to see his first Tennessee basketball game at Thompson-Boling Arena. A sellout crowd of 21,678 attended the Vols’ 78-74 win over Arkansas.

“I mean, it was (impressive),” Bishop said. “The fans were live. It was a good atmosphere. It’s kind of similar to football, but just, like, smaller.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back