War in Ukraine

Putin knows demilitarization is an absolute non starter given his history and his stunt here. My guess is it’s possible he’s realized if he can get some assurances to remain neutral, he will declare the invasion a success, save some face and go to the house and lick his wounds. If Ukraine continues to have success on the battlefield, I don’t know that I would even give Putin that if I’m Zelensky. I would always hold that over his head as a “Don’t F with me” clause.

Hope Z tells them "nuts", buy a little more time while he gets reinforced. Not my people being slaughtered tho...

I think reinforcements would mean NATO getting involved to change the outcome....and I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Putin knows demilitarization is an absolute non starter given his history and his stunt here. My guess is it’s possible he’s realized if he can get some assurances to remain neutral, he will declare the invasion a success, save some face and go to the house and lick his wounds. If Ukraine continues to have success on the battlefield, I don’t know that I would even give Putin that if I’m Zelensky. I would always hold that over his head as a “Don’t F with me” clause.

I think if Putin doesn’t get assurances, you’re looking at Zelensky’s days being numbered...and a lot more death and destruction.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I think if Putin doesn’t get assurances, you’re looking at Zelensky’s days being numbered...and a lot more death and destruction.

Which would mean his days are numbered anyway. If Ukraine demilitarized, he’s done and Russia installs who and what they want in Ukraine. If not, then what you stated above is quite plausible. Putin isn’t wanting a negotiation, he’s just wanting a surrender by another name.

All Putin would do i. That scenario is invade Ukraine again in 2 years once they have de-militerized.

Based on the large scale Russian invasion going on The Ukrainians will never demilitarize now.

I'm considerably more sympathetic to Russian security concerns than most here, but I don't see how Ukraine could possibly agree to demilitarization after this Russian invasion. By ordering this fratricidal war of choice, Putin has taken that option off the table.

I guess the fear of Putin went door to door and made regular joes sign up and put them in front lines to go in and soften the defenses before his trained military comes in..
most of the captured you see and hear about are young men who don’t know why they are there. I’d love to think that’s becuz they don’t want to be there. Something is just fishy about all of this. Either Russia is very incapable, which most of the world does not think, or he just put his citizens in suicide missions and then the punch comes

I'm considerably more sympathetic to Russian security concerns than most here, but I don't see how Ukraine could possibly agree to demilitarization after this Russian invasion. By ordering this fratricidal war of choice, Putin has taken that option off the table.

Demilitarization should NEVER be an option of a country wanting to stay a country.

Does seem Putin is throwing his conscripts and obsolete equipment into the font lines. Maybe to deplete the Ukrainian weapons. I wonder how the resupply of weapons is coming in and dispersed...They just said it on Fox as I typed..lol

I guess the fear of Putin went door to door and made regular joes sign up and put them in front lines to go in and soften the defenses before his trained military comes in..
most of the captured you see and hear about are young men who don’t know why they are there. I’d love to think that’s becuz they don’t want to be there. Something is just fishy about all of this. Either Russia is very incapable, which most of the world does not think, or he just put his citizens in suicide missions and then the punch comes
I just said to my dad something is weird about this. Russia by all accounts is getting their ass kicked, but you look at why and it's just total incompetence. Are they that incompetent or is there something else going on here?

VN Store

Back