Olympic Games Beijing 2022

How’d the ratings for this Olympics end up?

NBC draws worst Olympics ratings ever with 2022 Beijing Games

This is the only news story I found on the ratings. I guess it depends on how much you creditably you give the NYP, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was as bad as they say.

The coverage on Peacock was a mess, I know they had to deal with an almost literal 12 hour difference, but when I tried to watch the highlights, it was often all over the place and never really explained what was happening.

The live coverage was fine, but I’m not staying up till 2:00 am to watch figure skating (or any sport really.)

NBC draws worst Olympics ratings ever with 2022 Beijing Games

This is the only news story I found on the ratings. I guess it depends on how much you creditably you give the NYP, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was as bad as they say.

The coverage on Peacock was a mess, I know they had to deal with an almost literal 12 hour difference, but when I tried to watch the highlights, it was often all over the place and never really explained what was happening.

The live coverage was fine, but I’m not staying up till 2:00 am to watch figure skating (or any sport really.)
Same issue w Tokyo. Will be interesting if viewership rebounds in 2024 or if people are becoming less interested

The ratings are exactly what you would expect with technology today, and it'll never go back to the way it was. You can find out standings, watch clips of your favorite sports, and do all of it on your own time now.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
My guesses as to why ratings were so bad, in order:

- More entertainment options
- Time difference
- A lack of stars
- Winter Olympics are actually pretty boring and unrelatable
- Opposition to host country
- NBC/Peacock shortcomings

I surprisingly did not watch a minute. I thought I would at some point. I just wasn't very interested. In moments of boredom, I almost turned it on, but then thought, "Nah, **** the IOC."

My guesses as to why ratings were so bad, in order:

- More entertainment options
- Time difference
- A lack of stars
- Winter Olympics are actually pretty boring and unrelatable
- Opposition to host country
- NBC/Peacock shortcomings

I surprisingly did not watch a minute. I thought I would at some point. I just wasn't very interested. In moments of boredom, I almost turned it on, but then thought, "Nah, **** the IOC."

I thought they had a big chance to pull in viewers after the Super Bowl (even if just as background noise,) but then they were trying to push figure skating, which obviously takes more talent than any of us possess, but isn’t really that entertaining.

As an aside, I saw on Peacock that the para Olympics are still on and I had no idea. Sort of a shame they can’t even keep the Olympics tab on the Peacock app for them.

VN Store

Back