‘23 JUCO DL Elijah Davis (uscjr commit)

From SoCar 247:

It’s going to be a few months before Elijah Davis returns to South Carolina for another visit. The JUCO defensive tackle, who graduated from Wagener Salley High School in 2021, can’t take any college visits until June. Non-qualifiers have to wait a full year before they can take their unofficial and official visits.

Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina Tennessee and Virginia Tech will host him for visits in June. Davis speaks regularly with Gamecocks defensive line coach Jimmy Lindsey, who went out to East Mississippi Community College earlier this year, to check in on him. Georgia, Miami, Tennessee and Virginia Tech are also in regular contact.

Rodney Garner started his week in Mississippi to see South Carolina native and East Mississippi DT Elijah Davis.

“I love this staff,” Davis said. “I always chat with them when I’m getting on the phone. I’ve been there before, so I love the facilities. Coach Garner told me a little about his background when he came to see me and how he coached at Georgia and Auburn. He’s told me he’s put a lot of guys in the NFL. We talked about my game and what I do well. He loves my long arms and athleticism. It was good.”
-VQ

Had 25 tackles and 4.5 TFL @ EMCC last year.

Coming out of HS...

Two key figures from Wagener-Salley’s most successful football era signed Tuesday to extend their academic and athletic careers. Defensive lineman Elijah Davis is on his way to East Mississippi Community College, and wide receiver/defensive back Antonio Swedenburg is heading to the Augusta United Graduate Academy.

“Both of those kids are special football players. More importantly than that, they’re better kids,” said Wagener-Salley head coach Willie Fox. “They’re really, really hard workers. They’re guys that never questioned anything we did. They’re guys that bought into everything we were selling. They’re leaders. We’re gonna miss them on the field, but we’re definitely gonna miss who they are probably even more than that. Just really good kids. Glad to see them get an opportunity to play at the next level.”

Davis, ranked by 247Sports as the No. 9 prospect in the state, is a finalist for Aiken Standard Defensive Player of the Year after making 75 tackles (15 for loss) and six sacks while terrorizing opponents from his defensive end and linebacker positions. Additionally, the 6-foot-4, 250-pounder was a key blocker on the offensive line and a receiving threat at tight end. Fox recalled Davis being the biggest player in the weight room from the day he stepped in as an eighth-grader. He hasn’t just lived on his physical gifts alone, and the work he’s done to improve his technique and skills is why so many colleges showed interest in him.
War Eagles Send Two More to Next Level

Last edited:
Can never have enough Big Uglies on the DL
I want BIG, MEAN,and NASTY........with an attitude.!

Kramer-Drinking-and-Smoking-Gif.gif

We lose BY and TB after this year, we'll have pearce and josephs though hopefully redshirt and bought in, I say we'll get quality dbs this class
You expecting BOTH to declare? Currently Young has two seasons of eligibility and Baron 3. I could see Young with a breakout season at Edge. Baron playing his first at SDE might opt to collect another season of NIL checks.

You expecting BOTH to declare? Currently Young has two seasons of eligibility and Baron 3. I could see Young with a breakout season at Edge. Baron playing his first at SDE might opt to collect another season of NIL checks.
BY will most likely have a breakout season imo, if baron is sitting round 3-5 he gone

I think they're doing pretty good across the front 4. LB looks better. Safety isn't bad. CB to me is the biggest concern on the roster.

Safety is terrible. Corner is worse. LB is better than a year ago, but unless Mitchell steps up idk if any of our LBs could start for an SEC school not named Vandy

Reactions: vettefool
Safety is terrible. Corner is worse. LB is better than a year ago, but unless Mitchell steps up idk if any of our LBs could start for an SEC school not named Vandy
You are assuming that there in no development or progression by anyone from last season to the upcoming season. If the same guys are the best that we have, then it's the coaches jobs to coach then up or scheme to make them successful. If they are completely incapable, then you would think the coaches would have been much more active in the portal.

VN Store

Back