Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time you see Bryce canyon is wild. It seems like your on another planet
Summer of 20 we did in order..Great Sand Dunes NP-the Silver Thread Colorado scenic byway-Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP and then across Utah to Bryce Canyon NP...from Bryce we went along Hwy 12 (otherwise known as the most beautiful road on the planet)..Kodachrome Basin USP-Petrified Forest USP-Escalante-Grand Staircase NM-Capitol Reef NP...the north up to Goblin Valley USP-Canyonlands NP-Dead Horse Point USP-Arches NP...then down to Mesa Verde NP and then all the way around the San Juan Scenic Hwy (part of which is better known as the "Million Dollar Hwy")

Spectacular trip..

Trying to catch up on the National Park talk.

Went to Glacier last year and was blown away!!
Beautiful drives, wild life and terrific hiking.

Went to Yellowstone and Teton the year before. Yellowstone had the better pull offs, Teton had the better hikes.
They were incredible but very much paled in comparison to Glacier. I really want to go back there soon.
Jumping in here. If you like glacier, I highly recommend Banff in Canada. I used to live in Colorado and then in Montana, and a couple years ago, I drove to glacier and then up to Banff. Banff is absolutely amazing and IMO better than Tetons and Glacier.

Summer of 20 we did in order..Great Sand Dunes NP-the Silver Thread Colorado scenic byway-Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP and then across Utah to Bryce Canyon NP...from Bryce we went along Hwy 12 (otherwise known as the most beautiful road on the planet)..Kodachrome Basin USP-Petrified Forest USP-Escalante-Grand Staircase NM-Capitol Reef NP...the north up to Goblin Valley USP-Canyonlands NP-Dead Horse Point USP-Arches NP...then down to Mesa Verde NP and then all the way around the San Juan Scenic Hwy (part of which is better known as the "Million Dollar Hwy")

Spectacular trip..
Are you retired? That would be an awesome trip but i have no time to do that much at one time.

Jumping in here. If you like glacier, I highly recommend Banff in Canada. I used to live in Colorado and then in Montana, and a couple years ago, I drove to glacier and then up to Banff. Banff is absolutely amazing and IMO better than Tetons and Glacier.
I wonder why we always have to say something is better? My favorite place is Greater Yellowstone, but it actually isn't any better than any of the other spectacular parks I've been to.

Are you retired? That would be an awesome trip but i have no time to do that much at one time.
Nope...we just have very cool companies that allow us to take three to four weeks off a year. It is just me and the wife now, and we have almost zero bills, we live on very little and save a lot, but we went on trips even when all of our kids were still home.

Our bucket list is #2 priority for us, traveling to beautiful places is worth far more to us than stuff and we have passed that love on to our children.

We are very low middle class income, we just make it work because it means so much to us. That trip last year probably saved me from having a mental breakdown, after mom died I kind of went off the deep end for a couple of months. I feel at peace in Gods great natural cathedrals.

That's a great idea I never thought of. Obviously scenery. Hikes? What's the scoop?

I hadn’t seen that.. but I just saw that he posted a new episode 2 days ago and I guess he discusses that.. sad stuff.

I saw his show at the Tennessee Theater back in September and it was fantastic. He is great live.
Yeah his last episode is the one that made me think about it. He goes into what has been causing a lot of his issues (stuff with his mom, etc). Says he’s feeling somewhat better, but it’s an ongoing thing and probably always will be

Reactions: UTgrad2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back