Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
@engineerVOL, @Brillovol, and any engineers out there, my son is graduating in May with his EE degree. What's your thoughts/advice on getting the PE?
I would always suggest getting a pe. Some industries don't require it but but why close doors. It's easier to work towards it while your young and used to studying for tests.

I thought he was too big, but he slid in like a pro. Did you see the smile on his face? Wonder how deep he goes

☕

giphy.gif

Good thing is, he has some time. Not sure how UT handles the FE, but it was required for all engineers at Tech. Just based on my experience, go ahead and take the FE, get into work, and then decide. For CEE’s it’s almost a must these days, but it’s really based on what field he gets into. Even then. It’s mostly a value play. He’ll always be more valuable with his license.

@SSVol too since I think he’s ME.
Yea good point I think @SSVol is an EE.

I forgot about @SSVol (Not necessarily a bad thing, :)).. Feel free to chime in as well @SSVol .

@engineerVOL, @Brillovol, and any engineers out there, my son is graduating in May with his EE degree. What's your thoughts/advice on getting the PE?

My company encouraged getting PEs. They allowed me to study at work, paid for the exam, and gave me a bonus for passing it. It just depends on his company's priorities. If they pay for it, why not? It will make him more valuable to them and more qualified if he decides to look for other job opportunities in the future.

Good thing is, he has some time. Not sure how UT handles the FE, but it was required for all engineers at Tech. Just based on my experience, go ahead and take the FE, get into work, and then decide. For CEE’s it’s almost a must these days, but it’s really based on what field he gets into. Even then. It’s mostly a value play. He’ll always be more valuable with his license.

@SSVol too since I think he’s ME.
He is most certainly not YOU, he is HIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back