Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just based on how they have run things in the past….. plus they employ Bruce Pearl….. do you not remember Pearl’s co-Ed yacht excursions while he was here at Tennessee?

Funny how none of that ever gets brought out when people are lamenting him being fired. He blew up his and another marriage while here - publicly - to go with other stuff.

Both coaches are very similar in how they approach the game. They both are very good at coaching defense. Both are pathetic at coaching offense. They're offensive philosophy is similar to backyard football, get open. I like Kelly but if she doesn't hire someone to put in some kind of offense, then she'll be just like Holly. Even though she stressed defense the great Pat Summit was constantly evolving her offense. The Lady Vols have no offense.

People who claim to know basketball have no answer for that. It's just one on one street ball nearly every possession. With poor shooters doing it.

She has a couple of big bodies she could use that could set high screens even with Key down low and come up with some kind of action using the PG and Horston. That alone with the athleticism would give three options to score - the driver, the dump to Key, the pass outside for the spot up J.

Nope.

She (Clesi) resembles ATT girl.

a watered down version of the goddess Milana:

740full-milana-vayntrub.jpg

It's interesting to see when the LadyVols lose a game how long it takes for a couple posters to show up and tell us how they were right about Kelly.

Hint, not long..

Well, one of those posters said back when they were winning every game that this day would come. It has. None of the posters want Kelly gone. We all want her to succeed. But she will never get there without an offense and better shooting.

The definition of succeed is FF appearances since it is a tradition rich Lady Vol program.

What they "run" on offense is not nearly as problematic as the lack of offensive skills they have. That is what much improve through recruiting and development. Her offense was good at her previous stop. Did she run a different system? No tried to run something to fit the strengths of her players. Right now we are bad at the guard spot. Horston who by far has the best skillset has the lowest basketball IQ and terrible decision-making. Outside of that the only shooter we had all season was Darby who is a liability at everything else she does on the court. Burrell being back has helped but she was really bad last night. But she does not help with our ballhandling which is a big weakness for our guards outside of Horston. Teams can pressure the heck out of us because we do not handle it well. Then they can help off our other guards because they can shoot so there are no real gaps to penetrate if we do beat that initial pressure. Holly literally had no clue what to do on offense or really any other aspect of coaching. Harper does a lot of good things as a head coach. She will recruit and develop some good guards and we can become elite or she won't and we will be still be good because of how good she is with the other parts of her job. We will find out eventually.

Have you watched them? They literally run nothing. It's everyone run around and try to get open. They do a little motion to start a possession then its middle school (hell, I've seen middle school stuff more sophisticated). They have talent all.over the floor but when your offense is dependent on one player trying to make a play, usually driving into a wall of defensive players, you're not going to be successful.

Last edited:
People who claim to know basketball have no answer for that. It's just one on one street ball nearly every possession. With poor shooters doing it.

She has a couple of big bodies she could use that could set high screens even with Key down low and come up with some kind of action using the PG and Horston. That alone with the athleticism would give three options to score - the driver, the dump to Key, the pass outside for the spot up J.

Nope.
I can't believe people don't see it for what it is.

Well, one of those posters said back when they were winning every game that this day would come. It has. None of the posters want Kelly gone. We all want her to succeed. But she will never get there without an offense and better shooting.

The definition of succeed is FF appearances since it is a tradition rich Lady Vol program.
inVol was right, I couldn’t bear to watch us past the first commercial break. It’s nauseatingly bad basketball.

Lmao!! You obviously don’t have IG do you?!
Millions of disappointed parents out there!
Oh I do, and I know. A girl I dated in college now lives in LA making $1.2 million a month on onlyfans. It’s a decaying society. But, I’d still do my best to prevent it from happening to my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back