Mark Richt discusses Tennessee feeling like they got it going on under Josh Heupel

I remember a post few yrs ago
A poster said he watched a uga uncle Lou video about it

Def have things going in the right directions.... Job is getting quite a bit tougher also...... you have Florida who will always be a tough win. Kentucky and South Carolina can and probably will also be tough next year. Alabama and UGA are out recruiting everyone besides Texas A&M. Tennessee needs to keep building but to be back we Have to recruit and play the portal better than we did this year. That starts with getting a few upsets that we were so close to having this year. Boosters gotta step up though if we gonna compete... A&m Got that down pat so far.

I agree Josh Heupel has the offense going on, now if we can just get the defense "going on"
Really just need guys to step up...A lot of times they were in position and just didn't make the play. (There were some busted plays or too soft of a zone at times though)

I knew they didn't get along. Didn't know that happened.

Worst HC we ever had. Hell Dooley and Butch at least seemed likeable. Pruitt was incompentent plus a a**hole.
I'm not an I told you so guy, but y'all trashed my concerns when he was hired. I understand though. Y'all didn't know much about him when he was hired.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I'm not an I told you so guy, but y'all trashed my concerns when he was hired. I understand though. Y'all didn't know much about him when he was hired.
I think it is always the tendency of fans to want to believe the best about their own coach.

There are still folks here who blame Hurd rather than Jones for how that all went.

I liked that Pruitt was more of a football coach than Jones. Jones was a used car salesman. But Pruitt isn't fit to be a HC. He doesn't have that level of leadership ability and maybe not that level of intelligence. He was immediately over his head and when it got to be too much he did what his instincts told him to do- he lashed out, blamed others, and eventually looked for short cuts.

Thing I always appreciated about Richt is that I think he realized he had a ceiling as a coach and consistently hit that ceiling while at UGA.
But nevertheless he recruited, schemed, planned, and put everything he had into that team every year.

I daresay that in another conference his record would have been far better and had more BCS / Playoff shots in an easier pathway.

Reactions: feathersax
I think it is always the tendency of fans to want to believe the best about their own coach. . . .
I liked that Pruitt was more of a football coach than Jones. Jones was a used car salesman. But Pruitt isn't fit to be a HC. He doesn't have that level of leadership ability and maybe not that level of intelligence. He was immediately over his head . . .

Chiming in to agree on not being fit to be a head coach.... He had never ever been hired as a head coach anywhere before us. Not even at some podunk Junior High School in NW Alabama saw fit to hire him as a HC.

I knew they didn't get along. Didn't know that happened.

Worst HC we ever had. Hell Dooley and Butch at least seemed likeable. Pruitt was incompentent plus a a**hole.
I think Dooley could make a decent AD somewhere (not Tennessee) because of his lawyer and coaching background. Butch could possibly be a recruiting coordinator, provided the HC told him specifically who to recruit. I honestly don't know what Pruitt's ceiling is. I mean, he tried to fight Mark Richt for Heaven's sake. Steve Spurrier would run down UGA at almost any opportunity, but I really don't recall any personal attacks on Richt.

Richt is a good guy. One of the real early alarm bells to me on Pruitt was that he was the only guy I ever heard of who didn't get along with Richt.

Hard NOT to like Mark Richt. A Christian gentleman with class.:cool:

AND, he combined all that with a respectable acting career under his pseudonym "Helen Hunt". :)

OIP (12).jpg

Thing I always appreciated about Richt is that I think he realized he had a ceiling as a coach and consistently hit that ceiling while at UGA.
But nevertheless he recruited, schemed, planned, and put everything he had into that team every year.

I daresay that in another conference his record would have been far better and had more BCS / Playoff shots in an easier pathway.
He was just unlucky. That year UGA played Bama in the SECCG and the game ended on the 5 yard line about 10 years ago, they had a dude open in the endzone the ball just got tipped and another receiver caught it short and time ran out. At a minimum they should've had another play. It was a tough break because they'd have killed Notre Dame in the championship game just like Bama did.

VN Store

Back