‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Didn’t mean to trigger the sunshine pumpers here, but I’m sure if we start to beat one of the big 3 teams on our schedule, you will see the $ start to pour in even more. Right now it just seems we get out bidded. Although many teams are recruiting from a better position, both in W-L, recent success, and program stability.

Didn’t mean to trigger the sunshine pumpers here, but I’m sure if we start to beat one of the big 3 teams on our schedule, you will see the $ start to pour in even more. Right now it just seems we get out bidded. Although many teams are recruiting from a better position, both in W-L, recent success, and program stability.

So do you believe AP, Swain, and others are blatantly lying and putting out false info? Are they doing that to save face for the program because we’re flailing?

Just curious.

I can see that, but isn’t the entire point of NIL to use their NAME, IMAGE, and LIKENESS, as a marketing tool? I don’t see anything that would scream $100K. But hey, if we’re just straight up paying the dude I’m okay with that too.

Can you tell me every appearance and speaking engagement for all the NFL athletes or any of them for that matter? Do you know what their appearance fees are that are negotiated by their managers?

No, but it still counts as money. It’s still good for the businesses that hire them and it’s still them using their “NAME, IMAGE, and LIKENESS” to get paid.

You don’t see any of that and it adds up to 6, and even sometimes 7, figures for athletes every year.

Can you tell me every appearance and speaking engagement for all the NFL athletes or any of them for that matter? Do you know what their appearance fees are that are negotiated by their managers?

No, but it still counts as money. It’s still good for the businesses that hire them and it’s still them using their “NAME, IMAGE, and LIKENESS” to get paid.

You don’t see any of that and it adds up to 6, and even sometimes 7, figures for athletes every year.
THEY need it not to add up. #TriggeredTrolls 😎

I feel like we’d actually see evidence of NIL deals if there were any to write home about. Besides a post from some moving company. “Name, Image, Likeness”… wouldn’t the supposed companies funneling “6 figures” to HH want that to be public? I’ve seen basically nothing. But okay, I’m a troll for pointing out the obvious.

We are lacking in NIL.
So you feel like, but like the rest of us, do not actually know. So, you assume the worst. Good plan.

I wish these fans that think the only reason we are losing recruits because of shotty NIL would use their freaking brains for a second.

First fact - Tennessee has been a terrible program the entire time any of these kids have had a memory of college football.
Second fact - We have been trashed left and right in the media and been doomed to major sanctions as recently as 10 months ago
Third fact - There are many SEC programs our fans consider us to be extremely better than that in today's CFB that actually compare much closer to us than anyone wants to admit (SC, Mizzou, UK, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn ect)
Fourth fact - There are many, many other programs that are the cool, hot place for kids to choose in the eyes of the elite players right now.

SO factor all that in together and realize that we may be offering some massive NILs deal and in the end the player uses it to up the ante at the other "cool" and more recently successful program without any sanctions hanging over their head school that they'd rather go to.

Swain also went as far as to say on The Nation that we’ll be in the top third of the SEC in NIL with what the boosters and Spyre are doing. Spyre is leveraging our huge fan base and passionate fans. Just imagine once the train is rolling and we add all the bandwagon fans that left and new fans

Yes, Swain said top 10-15 in country and was being conservative. Swain has had intimate knowledge of UT's NIL since the onset. Fans need to take a breather and jump on board. Small, monthly donations from this fanbase are enormous.

Yes, Swain said top 10-15 in country and was being conservative. Swain has had intimate knowledge of UT's NIL since the onset. Fans need to take a breather and jump on board. Small, monthly donations from this fanbase are enormous.

Hmmmm
NIL is dogshit
Ruining college football
Don’t believe a damn thing anyone is saying about spyre until we start having top 5 classes again

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Hmmmm
NIL is dogshit
Ruining college football
Don’t believe a damn thing anyone is saying about spyre until we start having top 5 classes again
would just be happy filling the 25 with quality big body players with several high level offers. we really need help at DL, LB, and OL.

To continually get asses handed to us in state is laughable.

On Monday, Heupel traveled to Warren High School in Downey, Calif., the home of five-star Class of 2023 quarterback Nicholaus Iamaleava. The Vols hosted Iamaleava for the first time Nov. 27 for their regular-season finale, and he already has indicated that he's planning to visit Tennessee again as early as this spring. Iamaleava is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 5 overall prospect and No. 3 quarterback in the 2023 class.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back