Mt Juliet pastor calls autism, epilepsy, other diagnosis "demon possession"

I'm not very tech savvy but it looks like he has 2.2 million followers on Facebook. That's one in every 150 people who see his thoughts immediately. Not sure that classifies as obscure.
Plus, we see obscure texts in the PF constantly without trying to find them. It may be less about people finding "obscure" texts and more about "obscure" texts finding their way to people who aren't even looking.

Facebook is confined to the US?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Why did I choose to post it? Because it's important to me, I believe it to be important to the political scene in the state of Tennessee, because little antichrists like this are popping up all over the place, and greater Christendom is loath to actually say anything about them.

Every one of my brothers and sisters in Christ who stays silent with this perversion of the Gospel is helping it advance.
Really?

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Why did I choose to post it? Because it's important to me, I believe it to be important to the political scene in the state of Tennessee, because little antichrists like this are popping up all over the place, and greater Christendom is loath to actually say anything about them.

Every one of my brothers and sisters in Christ who stays silent with this perversion of the Gospel is helping it advance.

It’s always been this way. These guys have their little enclave and followers and then we pay them too much attention. They don’t move the needle politically. I would have to see your data on “popping up all over the place”. I see them more as a dying breed. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

The best thing to do is let them wither from inattention. Now, if a Christian asks about Locke's perverse preaching, there's the opportunity to halt its advance.

Funny though, no one here had ever heard of the idiot or knew he existed until you started posting about him and making him known. He’s an irrelevant idiot, just let him shout his idiocy for all to see.

I'm not very tech savvy but it looks like he has 2.2 million followers on Facebook. That's one in every 150 people who see his thoughts immediately. Not sure that classifies as obscure.
Plus, we see obscure texts in the PF constantly without trying to find them. It may be less about people finding "obscure" texts and more about "obscure" texts finding their way to people who aren't even looking.
Is Facebook followers synonymous withTwitter followers? Iow, Are the platforms linked?

So you're saying his poison is global?

I assumed most of the 2.2 million were American, or at least English speaking. Changes nothing.

Why would you assume anything? You realize other people have the internet, right?

Less than 1% if you just count the US. This is like Fauci rationale.

Reactions: StarRaider
Why would you assume anything? You realize other people have the internet, right?

Less than 1% if you just count the US. This is like Fauci rationale.
I said one in 150, I was assuming people would be able to conclude that was less than 1%.
My point was that 2.2 million followers isn't exactly the definition of obscure.

2.2M followers and his tweet has less than 400 hearts and less than 200 replies. And the two platforms are linked???

I am more confused now than when I asked AshG the original question.
Maybe the screen shot you are seeing was early.

And that is not Locke's tweet. Locke is the one with 2.2 million followers.

Last edited:
Maybe the screen shot you are seeing was early.

And that is not Locke's tweet. Locke is the one with 2.2 million followers.
You can see the 6:30pm timestamp just like me.

I know nothing of Locke's tweet or even if there was a tweet. I am referencing the tweet in OP. Apparently it set off Ash's friends and I am trying to learn how people find obscure tweets. And you aren't helping in the least. You are simply exhausting my patience.

Does anybody besides Luther have anything valid to share?

spit-laugh.gif

Reactions: StarRaider
You can see the 6:30pm timestamp just like me.

I know nothing of Locke's tweet or even if there was a tweet. I am referencing the tweet in OP. Apparently it set off Ash's friends and I am trying to learn how people find obscure tweets. And you aren't helping in the least. You are simply exhausting my patience.

Does anybody besides Luther have anything valid to share?
1. The Tennessee Holler has 87.3 thousand followers on Twitter, so it's not that obscure.

2. How did you find that not so obscure tweet? You can answer your own question.......

"I didn't really find it, it found me....and I certainly wasn't looking for it. It just showed up on the social media I frequent."

This is the best answer you are going to get......sorry to disappoint.

I'd say this guy's positions aren't anymore dangerous than those that claim Jan 6 was an insurrection and that the 2020 election was legit. There's many with a bigger platform than this guy that push those lies 24/7.

The party of BLM, CRT, 528 “genders”, and the squad has no room to point out the “nuts” in the other party 😉
The conspiracy theories from the right have become too common and too mainstream to avoid. Nothing is taken at face value anymore.

Have you ever been to any black churches just before election time? seriously.
This all goes back to the extreme double standards that are very real, though the left denies it.

A black preacher can encourage their congregation to vote democrat. It’s important that leaders in that particular community speak up.

A white preacher can encourage their congregation to vote democrat. It’s important that leaders with privilege act as advocates for POC.

A black preacher can not encourage their congregation to vote Republican. This is essentially brainwashing an already victimized group.

A white preacher can not encourage their congregation to vote Republican. This keeps the white supremacist evangelical power structure in place.

Those be the rules.

I'd say this guy's positions aren't anymore dangerous than those that claim Jan 6 was an insurrection and that the 2020 election was legit. There's many with a bigger platform than this guy that push those lies 24/7.
For the sake of clarity :

Are you saying that having faith that the 2020 Presidential Election was legitimate is comparable to believing that children with autism are actually possessed by demons?

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol

VN Store

Back