Tuesday recruiting news updates (summary)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Ok, so yesterday the sky was falling and today:

-Rumors everywhere that Teague is a vol.
-Greg King has committed according to one source.
-Robert Nelson has committed per the AJC.
-Rumors are that Phillips may stick with Tennessee after all.
-Reports from Florida are that Richardson may pull an "11th hour flip" to Tennessee
-Reports are the we may actually still have a chance to keep Je'Ron Stokes.

Did I miss anything?

Other news of interest:
-Greg Reid to FSU
-Peter White to Maryland

Last edited:

Did I miss anything?

No i dont think so i was about to make a topic about all this but i figured everyone would rip me for making its own thread so thanks Lol

Did I miss anything?

if this is all true, it would be a hell of a good start.

We might be hitting some momentum going into tomorrow. I swear if i get my hopes up because of all this & it not happen tomorrow im going to scream.

It sure does feel like Christmas eve when I was a kid. Man, I can't wait until tomorrow.

-Reports from Florida are that Richardson may pull an "11th hour flip" to Tennessee

Did I miss anything?

:dance2:OH Thank You so much....I NEEDED THIS

More BIG news. On the Sports Animal this afternoon, Jimmy Hyams went out on a limb when asked about our final Rivals ranking and said "between 12th and 22nd"(paraphrased). Gotta hand it to him - he's a risk taker!

BamaOnline (Alabama Rivals) is supposed to broadcast Darren Myles Jr.'s announcement tomorrow and possibly all the other guys they think they've locked up (Lacy/Teague/Tana Patrick). I'm hoping that you can hear Bama booing and Vol screaming when it happens for Myles/miles.

the posters at VQ are saying the current players are buzzing about tomorrow's surprise signings...

Robert Nelson has apparently committed per the AJC. BUT Hubbs is saying that nothing with Nelson is finished. to be continued...

That means Tana Patrick or Jonathan Evans is definitely off the table.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/s...uit/entries/2009/02/03/stone_mountain_11.html

Last edited:
I have heard this as well...

if so, Frank Wilson is officially the man

IMO Wilson was the best assistant coach we hired. He has worked his tail off since day one and if we keep Stokes it is completely due to him. Man I hope NSD is good to us Vols.

BamaOnline (Alabama Rivals) is supposed to broadcast Darren Myles Jr.'s announcement tomorrow and possibly all the other guys they think they've locked up (Lacy/Teague/Tana Patrick). I'm hoping that you can hear Bama booing and Vol screaming when it happens for Myles/miles.

the posters at VQ are saying the current players are buzzing about tomorrow's surprise signings...

Robert Nelson has a conditional offer and if we take Patrick and/or Evans, he's most likely headed to Auburn, but he wants to play at Tennessee.

According to the AJC.

VN Store

Back