GEORGIA

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)
Stats

1639191556012-png.419486

Go Lady Vols.

Last edited:
Sure would be good if Tamari is available and feeling good in Athens. Ideally, she rests the full week, and instead of being rusty, she’s excited and invigorated.

I know from personal experience that sometimes a little break from running can actually help an athlete get stronger. Kinda like lifting weights. All the lifting you do on Day 1 stresses and exhausts the muscles, but it’s on Day 2, the rest day, the muscle healing day, when the muscle actually gets stronger.

So, taking a page out of VolBall09’s book, I’m going to speak into reality that Tamari will not only be back on Jan. 23, but she’ll be back BETTER.

Sure would be good if Tamari is available and feeling good in Athens. Ideally, she rests the full week, and instead of being rusty, she’s excited and invigorated.

I know from personal experience that sometimes a little break from running can actually help an athlete get stronger. Kinda like lifting weights. All the lifting you do on Day 1 stresses and exhausts the muscles, but it’s on Day 2, the rest day, the muscle healing day, when the muscle actually gets stronger.

So, taking a page out of VolBall09’s book, I’m going to speak into reality that Tamari will not only be back on Jan. 23, but she’ll be back BETTER.

Ankle sprains can be tricky. Day-to-day might be 3 days or 15 but I am sure she is getting as much therapy as possible. I am hoping she is able to go. I am sure she does not want to miss a game a historic conference rival.

Big game Georgia is very good at home so this is going to be a real battle. We got three tough road games left and this is one of them. Always a tough matchup for us they have won the last two games by one point. Hoping Key is able to play she is huge to neutralize Staiti.

I'm really worried about this game, espec if Key is out. I'm afraid Green would get in foul trouble early and then we're in for rough sledding. But I sure never rule this LV team out, hopefully they'll continue to patch it together.

Biggest thing that gives me hope is our depth and their 3 games in a week schedule.

Big game Georgia is very good at home so this is going to be a real battle. We got three tough road games left and this is one of them. Always a tough matchup for us they have won the last two games by one point. Hoping Key is able to play she is huge to neutralize Staiti.
If can keep Staiti from consistently hitting that 15 ft shot from foul line or baseline like she did against Missouri, the LV's will win going away.I would double her whereever she goes.Maybe start with someone other than Key guarding her and if Key is available ,keep her under the basket.The other person guarding her has to be someone tall enough to disrupt the foul line shot .Maybe a zone would work best....something like a 2-1-2 zone played at least part of the time to disrupt her offense.

If can keep Staiti from consistently hitting that 15 ft shot from foul line or baseline like she did against Missouri, the LV's will win going away.I would double her whereever she goes.Maybe start with someone other than Key guarding her and if Key is available ,keep her under the basket.The other person guarding her has to be someone tall enough to disrupt the foul line shot .Maybe a zone would work best....something like a 2-1-2 zone played at least part of the time to disrupt her offense.

Unleash the Snoop!

And bring Emily in to bang on her and save fouls against Green.

Interior defense by committee!

I'm really worried about this game, espec if Key is out. I'm afraid Green would get in foul trouble early and then we're in for rough sledding. But I sure never rule this LV team out, hopefully they'll continue to patch it together.

Biggest thing that gives me hope is our depth and their 3 games in a week schedule.

Having Rae back (with another week to get back in the flow) is a nice insurance card to have.

VN Store

Back