Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Our 3 conference losses are all on the road against ranked teams. The better teams in the league will feast on the bottom feeders and we have some really good wins already and 0 bad losses.
We don't have any bad losses, true.

But we have several 'good losses', which will catch up to us if we don't turn it around.

There is time to do so. But last week against LSU and this game...
1642294583709.gif

I am officially sick again. Weather permitting I'm going back to clinic tomorrow. Shortness of breath, alternating sweats and freezing and a cough that's so strong my stomach muscles are done in. Can't sleep more that an hour at a time.

The poor rescue dog, I've changed her name to Phoenix, has to be sick of me, but to her credit she's as grateful as ever curled up at the foot of my bed with my old blind cat she's become very attached to.

She will be spending the night with her possible new family next weekend, fingers crossed!

Its was a great game to watch. I love seeing teams that have struggled for so long make a come back. Good for football.
I was kinda pulling for the raiders. But only on that 'they're behind and I wanna see something great' type of way. Plus, I'm a fan of the Bengals continuing to be the bungles...😏

Sure he’ll probably leave on his own. Doesn’t mean fans can’t talk about basketball. You seem to have gotten a bit defensive about my Forbes post. Didn’t mention anything about Barnes in it either. Hehe Barnes guys are getting frantic as the losses stack up. He built a solid program.. middle of pack in SEC last few seasons but it’s pretty obvious his days are coming to an end. 67 years old and clueless looking on the bench
I can't speak for him, but I think most fans just get sick of hearing some fans ready to fire our coach every time things don't go the way they think it should. Their immediate reaction is to start throwing insults around. It's like they haven't watched or played sports enough to know that sometimes things just don't go your way. You hope things get better and you're willing to wait for it.

Don't even know what you mean by "Barnes guys are getting frantic..." First of all, we should all be the coach's guy until he or she isn't our coach anymore or it's clear he or she isn't going to be. Secondly, from reading the posts it seems that the only people getting frantic are those who always are frantic when things aren't going well enough. Sad thing is, they rarely or ever come around to praise teams when things do go well.

Last edited:
We don't have any bad losses, true.

But we have several 'good losses', which will catch up to us if we don't turn it around.

There is time to do so. But last week against LSU and this game...
View attachment 428541

The Committee looks at quality wins and bad losses. We have at least 2 of the former and none of the latter.

Bass - don't do this to yourself. Enjoy winning coaches when you have them!

Barnes has us set up nicely for another tourney run & we're in here ready to burn down Knoxville.

This is precisely why our football program has been stuck in neutral for 15 years...
That’s not why our team has sucked for 15 years…. There wasn’t a single coach that should have been given more time…. It was the decision makers that ruined our athletics programs.

Looks like I’ve Upset a Barnes guy, it’s alright Steve will keep winning while we flounder with 5 stars getting hammered by Bammer, LSU and Auburn. Barnes is a solid person but the paycheck and results look a bit daunting
Looks like you are leading the over-reaction wing. Somebody counters your argument with factual information and you don't respond with anything other than this. Tells me all I need to know.

Sure he’ll probably leave on his own. Doesn’t mean fans can’t talk about basketball. You seem to have gotten a bit defensive about my Forbes post. Didn’t mention anything about Barnes in it either. Hehe Barnes guys are getting frantic as the losses stack up. He built a solid program.. middle of pack in SEC last few seasons but it’s pretty obvious his days are coming to an end. 67 years old and clueless looking on the bench
Very ironic you are using the OP being defensive LOL.

I can't speak for him, but I think most fans just get sick of hearing some fans ready to fire our coach every time things don't go the way they think it should. Their immediate reaction is to start throwing insults around. It's like they haven't watched or played sports enough to know that sometimes things just don't go you're way. You hope things get better and you're willing to wait for it.

Don't even know what you mean by "Barnes guys are getting frantic..." First of all, we should all be the coach's guy until he or she isn't our coach anymore or it's clear he or she isn't going to be. Secondly, from reading the posts it seems that the only people getting frantic are those who always are frantic when things aren't going well enough. Sad thing is, they rarely or ever come around to praise teams when things do go well.
Barnes is fine. This year hasn't gone like anyone thought it wanted.

The good news.. We're still really really good defensively.

And it's not like we're not getting offensive looks we want... We just aren't finishing.

This team needs to find confidence... Somehow.

To me this is a mental thing. Barnes does need to figure that out.

But I'll take Barnes. Between him and Pearl, they've put, and kept Tennessee relevant in basketball for the better part of the past 15-16 years.

I have a feeling that won't change with crb at the helm.

But this year has been disappointing so far, so I get the frustration.

Last edited:
The Committee looks at quality wins and bad losses. We have at least 2 of the former and none of the latter.
Yeah.. But you can't lose all those 'big games'on the road in conference...

Like I said.. It's early and still time to turn this around and win some big games at home, and on the road.

It needs to start sooner than later tho. Right now, nobody's scared of this team.

How many did Kevin O'Neill and Buzz Petersen win?
I mean, are Barnes' teams getting better or worse? He hasn't done anything in the tournament since he's been here. He hasn't done anything period without Grant Williams, in spite of bringing in 5 star talent.

The 5 star talent isn't coming anymore either.

Why keep him? I think this is his ceiling. It's why Texas fired him. He is what he is.

As long as there continues to be non-recruiting discussion in here I will pray for a loss each and every time we touch the ball.
Then that is all that you are going to pray for. We talk about just about everything and that is the way most of us like it. Plenty of individual player threads if there is someone you are interested in. Also, if you have any recruiting news of your own, would love to hear it.

I mean, are Barnes' teams getting better or worse? He hasn't done anything in the tournament since he's been here. He hasn't done anything period without Grant Williams, in spite of bringing in 5 star talent.

Why keep him? I think this is his ceiling. It's why Texas fired him. He is what he is.

Go, Bass, Go

Reactions: VolNash17

He is what he is. That is why you keep him. Not gonna to convince you. It is ok. Hope we play better, though I admit, I am disappointed with the year to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back