'20 JUCO SDE DeAndre Butler (Auburn commit)

If Eason moves to DT, then we don’t have any SDEs. Maybe when they say “inside,” they’re including the 3 non-LEO DL positions? I don’t know why you’d move all your SDEs to DT when you already have 5 or 6 experienced DTs and no SDEs. I mean, right now, the only bodies at SDE are Baron (assuming he moves there), Eason, Bell (who just moved there and is rumored to be leaving), and West. Maybe Bailey or Bumphus, although they’re more DTs than the guys we’re talking about moving “inside.”

So I have to think the SDE position is being included in the term “inside” the way it’s being used.
Eason already moved to DL this year. As a matter of fact he got some reps on the DL at the beginning of the season

I’d say Banks could start at Vandy and maybe Mizzu.
I will say that he is better than I thought he would be, but he’s not a great linebacker. He plays hard and is intense……which allows him to be around the ball to make lots of tackles, but I don’t think he’s good enough to start anywhere.
That being said, I hope he balls out next year and proves me wrong

I will say that he is better than I thought he would be, but he’s not a great linebacker. He plays hard and is intense……which allows him to be around the ball to make lots of tackles, but I don’t think he’s good enough to start anywhere.

He will. In the bowl game he had that pre injury Kirkland and JRM closing speed. He also flew thru traffic similar to JRM as well. He's a better backer than HT imo. That dude is a huge liability in coverage even surrounded by Bama talent.

You realize that if I attempted 1000 3 pointers and Steph Curry attempted 50, that I could make more than him. I’m not a better shooter than Steph Curry. I don’t think Banks is a bad player by any means, but these numbers are skewed.
Most of them were 10 yards plus downfield. 😂

Someone made a point the other day that weve gotten such bad play that Banks above average play seems Great. Go back and watch the tape of the 15 Oklahoma game when JRM was jumping the snap count and running down plays 20 yards from where he was standing when the ball was snapped. THATS GREAT LB PLAY.

his instincts jumped off the screen for sure.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Banks could play anywhere with someone beside him to make the calls and let him play instinctively. If UT gets better play at the other spot then he will look a lot better.

Banks could play anywhere with someone beside him to make the calls and let him play instinctively. If UT gets better play at the other spot then he will look a lot better.
That is a good point.........Now, UT just needs to find "That Guy"

Reactions: sjt18
Someone made a point the other day that weve gotten such bad play that Banks above average play seems Great. Go back and watch the tape of the 15 Oklahoma game when JRM was jumping the snap count and running down plays 20 yards from where he was standing when the ball was snapped. THATS GREAT LB PLAY.
I think we’ve had good play, but also do acknowledge what has been said about the amount reps due to speed of offense creating a skewed number. I hope we take a step forward like ole miss did in Defense. I don't like giving 400-500+ yards a game. With most of that coming through the air we need some DB and bodies in general.

I think we’ve had good play, but also do acknowledge what has been said about the amount reps due to speed of offense creating a skewed number. I hope we take a step forward like ole miss did in Defense. I don't like giving 400-500+ yards a game. With most of that coming through the air we need some DB and bodies in general.

Really hoping this is the cause of the pickiness in the portal. Hoping there is a LB, a corner and rangy safety on the way.

That's where Henry T's loss hurt so much. Say what you want, but he went straight from here to calling the D on the field for Saban.

This Mitchell was supposed to be that guy. Need banks to just see ball hit ball. Need another guy calling in the signals. That is why losing Henry T hurt more than Crouch. People hate on Henry T out of hate but he would have been a great fit for our defense now.

Henry T, not one time. Well, with the exception of when he ran TD back, has ever impressed me. Not one time.

Spent his entire sophomore year being coached by an overgrown frat boy and something called a Felton Shelton. Really aided his development. Also benefited from the solid D line play in front of him after Jeremy got his period one morning and took it out on Brumbaugh.

Spent his entire sophomore year being coached by an overgrown frat boy and something called a Felton Shelton. Really aided his development. Also benefited from the solid D line play in front of him after Jeremy got his period one morning and took it out on Brumbaugh.
his heart was always in Tuscaloser, im out.

Henry T, not one time. Well, with the exception of when he ran TD back, has ever impressed me. Not one time.
He's an ok LB, physically. What he's aparantly really good at is getting everyone lined up and in the right position, at least Saban thinks so. You have to have "that guy" on defense.

Yeah, dude didn't do anything at all this year. Blue font.

Reactions: VOLED

He's definitely an improved player but fans assessments of what a good player looks like has gotten weaker due to over a decade long derangement syndrome where expectations establish a new mean.

Jeremy Banks can and has done everything Henry T can and has done. Banks is like one of the few guys who could play at nearly any other school. Including Bama
I think Banks could start for many other SEC programs. Not so sure about Bama but he would be in their rotation. Jeremy took a big step this year and straight up produced. We desperately need some other guys to emerge on defense to help him though.

agree 100%. watch a bama game and see how many times he gets caught up in a block and watches the play or will not tackle when the guy with the ball is bigger. i must be missing something on this guy as all the "experts" say how good he is.

VN Store

Back