Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What company or website? I have been trying to get one for a while. But my wife is against it. I may go without her 😳
My company -- all crewed vessels: Home - Charter Caribe

If you decide to charter a 'bareboat' (i.e. you're the captain), I recommend Voyage Charters in the BVI. Very nice, professional folks. Word of warning though: you must submit a boating resume and they check your credentials and experience closely. They take the safety of their boats and passengers very seriously.

My grandfather had (gave to me after his passing) every John Wayne movie, minus 5, that he was ever in. He also collected over 100 Lobby Cards from his movies. A friend of his from the Navy worked in Hollywood and gave him the addresses to some of the co-stars of John Wayne movies. He sent letters to them and asked for an autographed photo. He got hundreds of responses.........Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Stewart, Shirley Temple, Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, and Dean Martin to name a few. Wayne's son Patrick came to my grandfathers house to see his collection. He work on this for the last 20 years of his life and willed it to me after his passing. Something I cherish to this day.
Ah man, the Duke is the bomb, such a "Quiet Man". Would love to see the memorabilia !

Can-we-be-friends-Please.jpg

Will even root for Peay !

I'm all for giving him a chance for the next 5 years but your last response sounded like Heup is above criticism. There's plenty to be had for his game management and QB starting decision to begin the year. I didn't see practice but I am stunned that Heup thought he was the best option to win games.

The difference here is you're using hindsight whereas at the time Heup and staff only had what they were seeing in practice to go by. Sure NOW after the season (one in which Heup kept Hooker starting even when Milton was healthy) it sure is easy to act like he missed the mark for Milton starting 2 games over Hooker.

Game management is fair at least but some of that is Heup and some of that is Alex. I don't think they ever made a decision that they didn't believe gave them the best chance of winning though, first time I can say that about a staff in awhile though.

My company -- all crewed vessels: Home - Charter Caribe
This is very fortuitous… my wife and I are talking about doing this in the next few years as we approach both our 25th anniversaries and turning 50.
Is your contact info on the site? Or if I were to send an email through the site, can I mention @Mike4Vols from Volnation? (Halfway serious).

Tony B saying we don’t have many spots at all for the transfer portal because of scholarship reductions we’re adhering to as well as choosing to prioritize the 2022 freshmen class (20 guys) instead of using some of those spots for portal guys.

What I’m hearing is we need more jobbers to enter the portal.

This is very fortuitous… my wife and I are talking about doing this in the next few years as we approach both our 25th anniversaries and turning 50.
Is your contact info on the site? Or if I were to send an email through the site, can I mention @Mike4Vols from Volnation? (Halfway serious).
Email me at michael@chartercaribe.com. I'll connect you with the right person. :)

My thing is this..I want to know that this company stays above reproach. I will not give to them until I know they have the discipline and integrity to stay out if the cookie jar.

The love of money is the root of all evil. It will be a huge temptation to have 20-30 million a year flowing through Spyre and someone or someones, not try to get creative and divert more of that into their pockets.

I want to help, but I want the 90% to go to players and not end up with them claiming "overhead" being more than thought it would be and keeping 30% of it because in reality the guys in charge voted to give themselves huge salaries.

I've seen that happen with several "charitable" companies.
Fwiw they have plans, and one company has already tweeted out they're a part of, bringing that number to 100% and the overhead will be covered separately.

All they'd have to do is show their cash inflow and match it to all player deals to an auditor and prove the payments were as shown. Ok, not quite that simple, but it shouldn't be complicated either. And if they decided to be sneaky and pay themselves higher salaries that would end up on their taxes too.

Jmo but the longterm play here is to set up dozens of relationships, of which maybe 10-20% will end up in the NFL and pay off hugely for them.

Tony B saying we don’t have many spots at all for the transfer portal because of scholarship reductions we’re adhering to as well as choosing to prioritize the 2022 freshmen class (20 guys) instead of using some of those spots for portal guys.
I mean, if we land another 1-3 HS guys, wouldn't be mad either. Then take 2-4 more transfers.

"Many spots at all" is relative to the listener. If they expected we were taking 32 or not. Jmo but if we lose enough counters (12-13 more?) we could still fill up to 32 if we were so inclined. Doesn't sound like that's the plan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back