Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I remember several years ago a guy claimed to have proof that fish use to walk….I was pretty pumped to see what he had…. It was a fossil of fish and with two little small pointy objects where feet/arms might be located…. It was so disappointing.
Because there is no proof. Because it didn’t happen.

Just to play devil's advocate, if there is no proof of evolution (which I'm neither arguing for or against), what did happen that is provable?
You’re talking to Bassmaster Vol on Volnation. If you want to engage in a debate about evolution, there are far more qualified candidates who would be happy to debate with you and Jack

You’re talking to Bassmaster Vol on Volnation. If you want to engage in a debate about evolution, there are far more qualified candidates who would be happy to debate with you and Jack

I'm not debating. I just asked a question, because Bassmaster_Vol on Volnation has emphatically pronounced repeatedly that the theory of Darwinian evolution is unprovable and did not happen.

Personally, I think that anyone who is being intellectually and scientifically honest with you would admit that there is not definitive proof of evolution, which is why it is a scientific theory and not a law. You just seemed to be extremely committed to your position, so I was interested in what it might be.

Go Vols.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
I'm not debating. I just asked a question, because Bassmaster_Vol on Volnation has emphatically pronounced repeatedly that the theory of Darwinian evolution is unprovable and did not happen.

Personally, I think that anyone who is being intellectually and scientifically honest with you would admit that there is not definitive proof of evolution, which is why it is a scientific theory and not a law. You just seemed to be extremely committed to your position, so I was interested in what it might be.

Go Vols.
My position is that evolution is a complete fairy tale. And no I’m not going to engage in a conversation about it in a thread for Deandre Butler.

I’ve had multiple religious discussions on VN in the past. Not interested in another one today.

Go Vols.

Just FYI, scientific theories do not become laws, they are two separate items. It's a common misunderstanding of how theory is termed. And, evolution is well substantiated.

Evolution like our DL. Are we getting this kid or is it more fool's gold?

Just FYI, scientific theories do not become laws, they are two separate items. It's a common misunderstanding of how theory is termed. And, evolution is well substantiated.

Thank you. I stopped taking science classes many moons ago, but I am glad to know this distinction.

Now, unfortunately I cannot answer your question. Likely more fool's gold, but that could just be me playing the odds.

My worldview and personal philosophy has evolved over the last few years... i'd say.

So, for fun, how has Darwinian evolution been substantiated? And, what do you think about isms such as determinism, moral relativism, materialism...? ism, ism, ism... all we are saying is give peace a chance... but, whatevs, i'm willing to entertain any hypothesis.

nb4 moved to off topic or deleted outright.

Reactions: RhodesVol

VN Store

Back