Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: peaygolf
Reactions: peaygolf
511rCiRSE5L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Read this book....... It really will change your opinion.

I don't do this, and I don't want to put it on social media because he's a pretty private guy. But if ya'll could lift up my friend, he's got COVID and has been battling with it for over a week. Back in the hospital now with pneumonia and in ICU, hoping he can get through this.
Just now saw this. Prayers abound.

Fievel Goes West.

but actually The Searchers and McClintock are two of my favorites.

Hell or High Water isn’t necessarily a “western” but it’s gotta modern western feel to it. I like it a lot.
McClintock for the win!!
Also plugging for John Wayne here but Donovan's Island is a good movie (not a western), I'd never heard of it till a few weeks ago, watched it on Prime Video and it was really good

Yes. They aren't recruiting anyone currently in the portal. That's the confusing thing to me about this staff. Sure, you can go crazy and add a bunch of bodies that don't help you. Nobody wants that. SC has done some of that, but they have also added some quality players that will improve their team next year. We saw how MSU improved their team this year through the portal.

We have holes all over this roster. Even if there isn't a 5 star caliber player in the portal, there has to be a bunch of dudes in there better than what we have at LB and in the secondary. Our staff chose not to pursue Zach Evans, we missed on Gibbs and Verse, and apparently that Wake Forest RB who committed to SC was a miss also. and we have added 2 quality pieces. We need a lot more.

Maybe they want to see who is in there after spring practice. But in my mind, the sooner the better since they'd be able to go through spring
Who said we weren't recruiting portal guys? That makes zero sense. No way that's true.

Who said we weren't recruiting portal guys? That makes zero sense. No way that's true.
AP said in the chat that we were not recruiting anyone "currently in the portal." That has changed as more players have gone in. We know that we are recruiting McCoy, and I believe that we are recruiting Height also. Personally, I'd be all over those bama LB transfers and I'd be after Ameer Speed too

McClintock for the win!!
Also plugging for John Wayne here but Donovan's Island is a good movie (not a western), I'd never heard of it till a few weeks ago, watched it on Prime Video and it was really good

My grandfather had (gave to me after his passing) every John Wayne movie, minus 5, that he was ever in. He also collected over 100 Lobby Cards from his movies. A friend of his from the Navy worked in Hollywood and gave him the addresses to some of the co-stars of John Wayne movies. He sent letters to them and asked for an autographed photo. He got hundreds of responses.........Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Stewart, Shirley Temple, Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, and Dean Martin to name a few. Wayne's son Patrick came to my grandfathers house to see his collection. He work on this for the last 20 years of his life and willed it to me after his passing. Something I cherish to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back