Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAABUXDaWlX15IuPf_HNpkMFeqTOUNdjM61bp8BrpqFwFevYQ-6pvbHPW3Ioo-JO1MraSltLWL4JaUHzf-3jM882dnnMH4Vgckz8yWezZ7ZxBsAzzKX5fa_azQsUFTty7dFu0meToHsuoI.jpg

Yes. They aren't recruiting anyone currently in the portal. That's the confusing thing to me about this staff. Sure, you can go crazy and add a bunch of bodies that don't help you. Nobody wants that. SC has done some of that, but they have also added some quality players that will improve their team next year. We saw how MSU improved their team this year through the portal.

We have holes all over this roster. Even if there isn't a 5 star caliber player in the portal, there has to be a bunch of dudes in there better than what we have at LB and in the secondary. Our staff chose not to pursue Zach Evans, we missed on Gibbs and Verse, and apparently that Wake Forest RB who committed to SC was a miss also. and we have added 2 quality pieces. We need a lot more.

Maybe they want to see who is in there after spring practice. But in my mind, the sooner the better since they'd be able to go through spring
I’m not to worried Bass, I mean how many players did we pull after Spring Ball? Almost all of the ones we got after Spring contributed this year for us.

lmao, Kiffin hired his brother. I'm surprised OM let him, as Chris Kiffin was part of the recruiting scandal when Freeze was there. NCAA gave him a two-year show-cause for his actions. And now they're welcoming him back with open arms? Seems hinky, IMO.

If my grandaddy had been a big Clint fan...then Clint would have been my favorite. I just like to say that in their different ways, they are both the epitome of Western movies.

In choosing between those two greats, I tend to place great credence in the opinion of Maureen O'Hara, who, on May 21, 1979, "sat somberly at a table before the House Banking, Finance, and Urban Affair Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs. Her mission was bittersweet. Knowing her dear friend, John Wayne, was gravely ill, she had flown in from her home in St. Croix, the Virgin Islands, to give testimony for an authorization for the President of the United States to strike a commemorative gold medal in his honor. Her flight had been cancelled into Washington, and she [hadn’t] even had a chance to make a prepared statement.

Chairman Annunzio introduced O’Hara. Her eyes were filled with tears as she began her testimony of fond memories of her friend. “I have known John Wayne for 39 years, and in those 39 years I have called him my dearest friend — my best friend ... ” O’Hara said. It was an emotionally gripping moment, but she continued. “To the people of the world, John Wayne is not just an actor — and a very fine actor — John Wayne is the United States of America.”

. . . Maureen O’Hara [ultimately] concluded her testimony with this tearful plea: “I beg you to strike a medal for Duke, to order the President to strike it. And I feel that the medal should say just one thing: ‘John Wayne, American.’ ”

And so it was. The coin was minted and carried the inscription that Maureen O’Hara had proposed." Maureen O’Hara’s Tribute To John Wayne – C&I Magazine

Still curious about Jabari Small's health and whether or not he needs shoulder surgery? With TOS saying we'll definitely pursue a RB from the portal, I'm curious if Small is expected to miss extended time healing?

I wouldn't have agreed 11 years ago...but yeah after sitting through it again tonight it shot up my list of all time Westerns...I can't agree about it being a top 10 of all genres though.

I still say Open Range is at worst my co-favorite..I love that movie, I watch it at least once a year...such beautiful beautiful beautiful cinematography and a great timeless story and characters..Duvall and Costner kill it.

My co top three...in very slight order..
Tombstone
Once Upon a Time in the West
Open Range
Do we consider There Will Be Blood a western?

Still curious about Jabari Small's health and whether or not he needs shoulder surgery? With TOS saying we'll definitely pursue a RB from the portal, I'm curious if Small is expected to miss extended time healing?
I would guess that we want a veteran due to what happened this past season and we don’t want to rely to heavily on the freshman…. I would bet that small will miss spring practice and be ready by fall camp.

Reactions: smokeyz1
I will say Kevin Costner has been in a ton of great westerns, Wyatt Earp isn’t even his best one though to me.

Silverado is one of my all time favorites.

Mister, I don’t want to kill you and you don’t want to be dead.

You idiot, he’s hit everything he aimed for. Today, my jurisdiction ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back