Game Thread: (5/6) Lady Vols 65 - Vanderbilt 51

Vanderbilt uses the ball handler to get away with moving screens on every play. If they called all of them they would foul out their entire team. That’s their entire offense (same as UConn but they set better screens).

Very much in the same spirit as UConn. It should be a foul, almost every time. There’s no interpretation of the rules that lets the offense displace defenders or step into their path. UConn’s been doing those illegal screens forever; unsurprising that Ralph has Vandy taking a similar approach.

So this last sloppy stretch doesn't even count, nor does the final score. Just a scrimmage. Game was always well in hand.

Two blocks on one possession is a metaphor for Jordan Horston's play right now. By far the most locked in and focused stretch of her career. She's so smooth and in control. LOL I should have known as bad as her bad was her good would also be spectacular. Congrats to her. Keep it up!

We make a thread for Jordan Walker praising her to the skies and she falls off the edge of the earth. Really struggling w the press. She did make some good buckets when we needed them. Thank goodness for Miles, I think JW will snap back.

I thought Puckett played much better tonight. She's a good passer. Dye was also steady, seems to score in spurts. Green struggled tonight but she'll be back also. Rae getting better and better.

It all continues to come together. Imagine if we didn't make a million dumb, mostly bad pass turnovers!

Bottom line for me is Tennessee beat a motivated team on the road when it very well could have been yet another huge upset like has happened to nearly EVERYbody but us this season.

I am going to thank my lucky stars for every game we score at least one more point than the other team in. I honestly don't feel like I can complain about anything. SOOOO many upsets and near upsets everywhere. We are blessed!!!!!

Jordon Horston had a monster game. However, in my opinion, there were two plays that decided the game. The first play occurred with eight second left in the first quarter and Tennessee leading by six. Jordon Walker got an outlet pass and drove the length of the court to shoot a six foot pull up jumper. That momentum carried over into the second quarter as Walker scored the next five points. The second critical play was a Tennessee time out with 4:44 to go in the second quarter. After that time out Tennessee's defensive intensity was incredible. Vanderbilt scored four points (2 were free throws) in the next 11 minutes. Great play by Walker and our defense was special. Gut punch to Vanderbilt.

Past our bedtime team went to sleep tonight had a big enough lead it didn't matter. We didn't handle the trap well at all 15 steals for them.
Agree but refs did not call the fouls on the double teams .We should have adjusted so the ball is out of the hands prior to the double coming.Wonderful 2nd quarter....so so 3rd and bad 4th but it was a win.....that can attributed to defense,Way to go gals. Now lets go get the Cats and make them return to Lexington in a blue mood.

Bottom line for me is Tennessee beat a motivated team on the road when it very well could have been yet another huge upset like has happened to nearly EVERYbody but us this season.

I am going to thank my lucky stars for every game we score at least one more point than the other team in. I honestly don't feel like I can complain about anything. SOOOO many upsets and near upsets everywhere. We are blessed!!!!!
Right that is three SEC road wins already. Winning on the road anyway you can is always a terrific thing.

VN Store

Back