Kirby = Fulmer

Coming off a NC is the wrong time to predict someone's downfall. It's irresponsible and lazy. There is zero reason to think Kirby will struggle. There was zero reason to think Fulmer would. Fulmers failures are not relevant to UGA.

Coming off a NC is the wrong time to predict someone's downfall. It's irresponsible and lazy. There is zero reason to think Kirby will struggle. There was zero reason to think Fulmer would. Fulmers failures are not relevant to UGA.
Did I kidnap the Lindberg kid too? I think you are attributing someone else's comments to me.

Way to contradict yourself. Gheez where did all these newbies come from?
There's no contradiction at all. Richt's record his last four years at Georgia was a lot better than Fulmer's last four. And beyond wins and losses it looked like he left his program (staff, recruiting, etc.) in better shape too.

There's no contradiction at all. Richt's record his last four years at Georgia was a lot better than Fulmer's last four. And beyond wins and losses it looked like he left his program (staff, recruiting, etc.) in better shape too.

Hmmmn, yet his record was not quite as good as Phil's. How do you explain that? I realize this is over your head but they were both timid coaches who suffered from lack of creativity with a mantra of doing less with more. And that is my point, not sure you even know what yours is.

Hmmmn, yet his record was not quite as good as Phil's. How do you explain that? I realize this is over your head but they were both timid coaches who suffered from lack of creativity with a mantra of doing less with more. And that is my point, not sure you even know what yours is.
Phil's record went down over time. Richt's kind of dipped in the middle but was pretty good the last few years, just not good enough to meet expectations. I would explain that by saying Fulmer was complacent and let the program fall.
Over my head? Golly are you one of them smart fellers? My point is that Richt left Georgia in better shape that Fulmer left Tennessee.

Phil's record went down over time. Richt's kind of dipped in the middle but was pretty good the last few years, just not good enough to meet expectations. I would explain that by saying Fulmer was complacent and let the program fall.
Over my head? Golly are you one of them smart fellers? My point is that Richt left Georgia in better shape that Fulmer left Tennessee.

Yeah, over your head. But not much, Fulmer didn't fail because of lack of talent, he failed because of himself. The exodus of players when he was fired was crushing, by the time Dooley started his first fall camp we were down 48 scholly players in all the turnover. The only difference between these two was the wholesale departures that Richt's firing didn't trigger in Athens.

Yeah, over your head. But not much, Fulmer didn't fail because of lack of talent, he failed because of himself. The exodus of players when he was fired was crushing, by the time Dooley started his first fall camp we were down 48 scholly players in all the turnover. The only difference between these two was the wholesale departures that Richt's firing didn't trigger in Athens.
Okie dokie. Have a good evening.

Kirby and Georgia were so desperate to finally reach the top. Saban returns each year as hungry as the last and he gets his players to do the same. Is Kirby the same? I know Saban could be here another couple years, another 10 years but I wonder if either way Kirby will ever win it again, or even beat Saban again unless he falls apart (he's going out on top or close to it).

Kirby and Georgia were so desperate to finally reach the top. Saban returns each year as hungry as the last and he gets his players to do the same. Is Kirby the same? I know Saban could be here another couple years, another 10 years but I wonder if either way Kirby will ever win it again, or even beat Saban again unless he falls apart (he's going out on top or close to it).

Some of you need to learn your CFB history before you impart your wisdom on the rest of us. It took Saban 9 years as HC before he won his first NC. It took Kirby 6. Will "Kirby ever win it again"? No one knows. But it's wishful thinking by some to doubt a coach that has Kirby's resume and recruits like he does. My guess is that he's very successful moving forward. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Some of you need to learn your CFB history before you impart your wisdom on the rest of us. It took Saban 9 years as HC before he won his first NC. It took Kirby. Will "Kirby ever win it again"? No one knows. But it's wishful thinking by some to doubt a coach that has Kirby's resume and recruits like he does. My guess is that he's very successful moving forward. Only time will tell.
🙄 I'm not "imparting wisdom". I'd say Kirby likely has another ring if not for Saban. I'm just making an observation and wondering after so much effort and desire to finally get a ring after 40 years, to finally beat Saban, will Kirby and the Dawgs have the same drive moving forward. You don't have to get your panties in a wad because I'm curious how things play out. Enjoy your ring right now. It's still fresh.

🙄 I'm not "imparting wisdom". I'd say Kirby likely has another ring if not for Saban. I'm just making an observation and wondering after so much effort and desire to finally get a ring after 40 years, to finally beat Saban, will Kirby and the Dawgs have the same drive moving forward. You don't have to get your panties in a wad because I'm curious how things play out. Enjoy your ring right now. It's still fresh.
Kirby was there in 2018 and won it this year. Anyone you listen to that knows anything about him talks about how driven he is. It’s just wishful thinking to think he will lose any of his fire and passion for winning. He has instilled a winning culture based on his mentors (Saban) philosophy and approach to the game. His mimicking the GOAT (Saban) is working and paying dividends. What has he not accomplished in 6 years? He and Georgia will be around for a while.

Kirby was there in 2018 and won it this year. Anyone you listen to that knows anything about him talks about how driven he is. It’s just wishful thinking to think he will lose any of his fire and passion for winning. He has instilled a winning culture based on his mentors (Saban) philosophy and approach to the game. His mimicking the GOAT (Saban) is working and paying dividends. What has he not accomplished in 6 years? He and Georgia will be around for a while.
"Be around" doesn't necessary mean he will win another NC. Also don't forget some were wondering if he was just a little better version of Richt until he crossed the hump. They're losing a lot while Bama was extremely young. It's going to be hard for him to win it for a couple years IMO unless he develops a really good QB. At which time Saban could retire and he be the new king. Or Saban may be around for another 10 years.

More NFL elite level talent on all these rosters than any other program in college football except for Alabama since his arrival. Richt had it loaded well upon Smart’s arrival.

Yet….

2020 lost to Alabama and Florida
2019 lost to South Carolina and LSU
2018 lost to Alabama, LSU, and Texas
2017 lost to Auburn and Alabama
2016 lost to Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida, and Georgia Tech

If you are outclassing these teams in athletes yet losing 2 or more games a season….he is choking. Dabo and Saban….they bring the trophies with rosters equivalent to Georgia’s. So yes…he got it done after 41 years. 2016-2020 were chokefests.
Thank you! I didn’t have time to get those stars but that’s what I was also referring to also!

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS
I am no fan of Kirby and I wish him no success at all but he seems to be on a better trajectory than Fulmer. He at least seems to have passion vs just clapping on the sideline. Outside of Kirbys first year his only embarrassing loss has been South Carolina. Phil had more losses to teams he should have beaten at this stage in his career

Thank you! I didn’t have time to get those stars but that’s what I was also referring to also!
UGA’s Recruiting Class Ranks per 247:
#8 2014
#6 2015
#6 2016
#3 2017
#1 2018
#2 2019
#1 2020
CLEMSON’s Recruiting Class Ranks per 247:
#16 2014
#9 2015
#11 2016
#16 2017
#7 2018
#10 2019
#3 2020
LSU’s Recruiting Class Ranks per 247:
#2 2014
#5 2015
#2 2016
#7 2017
#15 2018
#5 2019
#4 2020
Alabama’s Recruiting Class Ranks per 247:
#1 2014
#1. 2015
#1 2016
#1 2017
#5 2018
#1 2019
#2 2020
The last 3 programs to win a NC since Kirby arrived at UGA.

You do know that Kirby's been at UGA for 6 years and not 40, right?

Reactions: dallasga6

VN Store

Back