Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Think of all the 5* QB that GA has signed only to be lead to a Natty by a 2* - you think we can convince Kirby he should only be recruiting 1* and 2* players from now on?

Reactions: Orangeburst
fluffle-puff.gif

Think of all the 5* QB that GA has signed only to be lead to a Natty by a 2* - you think we can convince Kirby he should only be recruiting 1* and 2* players from now on?

"Led to" by a 2 * is a bit misleading. He came through and made big plays, but I'd argue that the ginormous offensive line and great defensive players had more to do with the result. At least collectively.

Fact is, there IS a correlation between recruiting talent out of hs and the result 3 years later. Development is critical, too, but better to start there than a bunch of mid level guys, like UF and UT seem to be relegated to.

Reactions: Wireless1
"Led to" by a 2 * is a bit misleading. He came through and made big plays, but I'd argue that the ginormous offensive line and great defensive players had more to do with the result. At least collectively.

Fact is, there IS a correlation between recruiting talent out of hs and the result 3 years later. Development is critical, too, but better to start there than a bunch of mid level guys, like UF and UT seem to be relegated to.
Must you burst my bubble? 😉
Have to admit, since Kirby has been there, the dawgs have sent several QB to the NFL through other programs while a 2* starts with a 5* on the bench…..I hope for all of us they keep the offense screwed up

I won't rag your ass, so let's hear about it.

Well, it's weird. Put in for it this morning, got a text about 45 minutes later asking for an interview, did a phone interview, got a follow up video interview like three hours later with the CEO, HR Manager and Ops Manager, got an offer letter at my requested salary like an hour later after the second interview.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing recruiting or staffing (more or less exactly what I was doing at my old job minus the working weekends, holidays, 14-18 hour days and way, way, way too much unpaid overtime) since both were discussed and I was under the impression they were going to offer the staffing position. But the offer letter said "recruiter," so... guess I'll be doing recruiting. M-F work, weekends, holidays off, room for growth.

It's basically a "staffing" agency for first responders and skilled professionals. I'm not entirely sure of the particulars, but I know how to recruit and I know how to staff. I'm certainly going to move ahead with it.

Well, it's weird. Put in for it this morning, got a text about 45 minutes later asking for an interview, did a phone interview, got a follow up video interview like three hours later with the CEO, HR Manager and Ops Manager, got an offer letter at my requested salary like an hour later after the second interview.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing recruiting or staffing (more or less exactly what I was doing at my old job minus the working weekends, holidays, 14-18 hour days and way, way, way too much unpaid overtime) since both were discussed and I was under the impression they were going to offer the staffing position. But the offer letter said "recruiter," so... guess I'll be doing recruiting. M-F work, weekends, holidays off, room for growth.

It's basically a "staffing" agency for first responders and skilled professionals. I'm not entirely sure of the particulars, but I know how to recruit and I know how to staff. I'm certainly going to move ahead with it.

Congrats!

VN Store

Back