Calbert to the Portal

I count 17 OL including the incoming Freshmen. I think we are fine. Several that have redshirted. All of them were first year in the system. We will have guys emerge.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Guess it will be Crawford, Davis, or Mincey. Crawford and Davis both had a tough MCB but Davis had some good snaps during the season. Hope the competition makes all three better.

Hopefully, the weight room will too. Which begs the question; Who is the S&C coach? I just checked the coaching roster. A damn boatload of folks, but not one is listed as the strength and conditioning coach. Is there some brand new, politically correct BS term that some imbecile came up with? Or are they just doing jazzercise?

If a player can't get on the field given our current roster and talent level, he really needs to move on or more likely, down. I'm not sweating any departure.

its actually 8 since August
Even at that number, I'm still struggling to see how we forfeit scholarships to appease the NCAA and get help from either the February signees or portal and still hit the 85 limit.

Even at that number, I'm still struggling to see how we forfeit scholarships to appease the NCAA and get help from either the February signees or portal and still hit the 85 limit.
I don’t think we’re gonna get to 85 this year. Maybe someone who tracks it more closely than I can shed some light.

Guess it will be Crawford, Davis, or Mincey. Crawford and Davis both had a tough MCB but Davis had some good snaps during the season. Hope the competition makes all three better.
Addison Nichols is an EE. Maybe he can make a push to start at RT.

He certainly wasn't an integral part of the OL in 2021, but this obviously sucks for depth purposes.

Really hope we can snag a quality OL from the portal with starting experience.

they are working roster toward an 80 limit which I understand will start on 1/24. that is not going to be an issue as they are currently at 77 for the 1/24 date. so they could bring in 3 more transfers before then and still be ok. very possible that more players may leave keeping the roster number fluid.

Reactions: HalfullVol
The article stated he was in a battle with 3 other guys including Mincey, who transferred in from Florida. You need to have more confidence in your ability as an athlete. Kids now see the portal as an option to run away rather than work harder.

The article stated he was in a battle with 3 other guys including Mincey, who transferred in from Florida. You need to have more confidence in your ability as an athlete. Kids now see the portal as an option to run away rather than work harder.

he could have been told by the staff he had little chance at playing.. he has been injured during his time here as much as he has been healthy.

Reactions: DaddyChad

VN Store

Back