Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck Pearl could out coach Barnes blindfolded.. Pearl isn’t ever coming back, but to say he’s not better than Barnes is inaccurate.

Auburn is going to absolutely demolish us, we literally have no one who can guard there big guys, like not a person on our roster.

Rick Barnes has been great for UT, he brought us out of the abyss. He also has made our program a nationally respected program with the ability to attract top talent.

BUT there’s a reason he loses to Bruce Pearl.
Yes. Bruce Pearl cheats. If the NCAA had balls, neither he nor Will Wade would still be coaching.

As is the Vol way, A&M gonna be a national title contender the year the Vols play them.

They’re next in line for a national championship out of the SEC

Reactions: OrangenSC
I still say if a player goes down with an injury (fake or otherwise) they need to sit for the remainder of the series OR until a timeout is taken.
I still say they need to do more than that.

Not only does the player need to sit for the series, but also he should be the only player who can sub out unless the other team also sub, and the other players can't go to their sidelines unless ordered to do so by the officials.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I was scratching my head as to why some thought our late start to the semester was a negative. I always thought it was an advantage. That's proving to be true. Lots of players hitting now that those with early drop/add dates can't consider, at least for spring semester.
Should be true, but I wouldn't put it past other schools to find a way to get them in this semester.

One key to ATM was going in big with a 10-year commitment to Jimbo

Out of the gates, they communicated to Jimbo and everyone they are going to give him the time and space he needed

Can't stack top 5 classes on top 5 classes if recruits and families think you are one step away from the hotseat
Can you please say that louder so everyone can hear it?

The crew from their Unnecessary Roughness show, particularly Brandon Walker, were the only ones that had our back after the Ole Miss game.
Their President Portnoy always has nice things to say about Tennessee.
Of course Big Cat refers to himself as a VFL because he did the Coach Duggs thing. Although I think your point was the biggest consideration there - they knew that they could sell a ton of merch and get a ton of views during the quarantine months if he rode Tennessee. Although it was refreshing to see a media member use our fanbase in a positive way, as opposed to gaslighting us for clicks.

Their college gameday show was here for the Ole Miss game, and had a lot of positive things to say about our fans, the town, the stadium, and the atmosphere. Portnoy went to Michigan, and Cat to Wisconsin, and they said their jaws were on the floor for our pregame and intro.

There are a couple personalities at Barstool that went to UT. They also have Arian Foster as one of the members of their Macrodosing podcast and they sponsor Tyler Baron as a Barstool Athlete. He was on the Macrodosing podcast throughout the season. That’s enough ties that you at least hear positive UT stuff. After the Ole Miss trash incident they went to bat for UT fans so to speak and Big T in particular explained why it happened after 10 years of pent up angst and defended the fans feelings but not necessarily their actions. If Heupel can really get the ball rolling I think you will hear a lot of positive talk from Barstool and their gameday show will definitely be back.

Here's Big T when he was at Tennessee, celebrating the Jennings TD vs Florida. He's singing Down The Field as loud and proud as I've ever seen anyone do it. And standing out because he's enormous.

View attachment 427809

How many students do you ever see belting out Down The Field?

I remember seeing that live, or close to live on replay, back in 2016 and thinking "damn that kid loves Tennessee"

BigSteve = Big T??

1642036343272.gif

Reactions: drvenner
Because I have a differing opinon? I havent actually done anything to get banned.
No I have to side with you on this. The only thing you’ve done on here, is be an ass. There’s nothing wrong with finding fault with the program and voicing it, but you seem to derive some sorta satisfaction with doing it. Not in a way of any concern or dissatisfaction. Just in a typical troll fashion of deliberate poke to everyone that reads your posts, that’s why you get the blow back posts to yours. Now, to be clear. I don’t give a crap if you blow back on my post, I mostly chuckle at your ‘contributions’. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back