'20 JUCO SDE DeAndre Butler (Auburn commit)

A good pass rush definitely makes a Secondary look good but it can work the other way too. We don't have impact players at either position right now.
Really all starts up front. Even elite coverage corners are going to struggle if they’re forced to cover a long time.

A lot people hated on Banks but really what did he have that he could really do. Front four couldn’t routinely pressure the QB, linebackers were terrible, DBs were terrible; I’m at a loss for WTF you do when you don’t really have any one area that’s great as far as your defense. Also they were on the field a ton of time routinely.

Really all starts up front. Even elite coverage corners are going to struggle if they’re forced to cover a long time.

A lot people hated on Banks but really what did he have that he could really do. Front four couldn’t routinely pressure the QB, linebackers were terrible, DBs were terrible; I’m at a loss for WTF you do when you don’t really have any one area that’s great as far as your defense. Also they were on the field a ton of time routinely.
Not arguing. The pass rush is important and will always make a secondary look better or maybe worse than what they are depending on how the pass rushing performs. It sucked this year. But our secondary is slower than pond water, and We are shorthanded at every position on defense. If none of the above improves next year you're not gonna see much difference in the win-loss column.

Not to mention he had the depth of a kiddie pool.

Reactions: VFLz15

We are just too slow and weak up front. Banks and Beasley are also too slow and weak. I mean just look at Dean and Anderson. Those are SEC LBs. But you are right. Until we get good on the DL, our defense will continue to suffer. We are just not getting the type of players we need yet. We are starting to but it’s gonna take some time.

A lot of y’all keep talking about moving Baron “inside.” But I believe the plan is just to flip him to the other (strong side) DE. A DT needs to be 290+ and Baron is 260 right now. He’s not going to put on 30 lbs. I think he can add 10 lbs of good weight, though. Plus, we have some returning talent at DT, but no experience at SDE since Blakely and Tremblay are leaving.

I really like the idea and am hopeful that SDE will better suit him than LEO.

Reactions: highspeed

VN Store

Back