Jordan-James

Yeah, ZZ is clearly not the favorite for that honor, but the fact that we're even considering it 15 games into his career is pretty telling for a guy with such physical limitations and who had zero high-major offers as recently as eight months ago. In fact, his only D1 offer was from St. Peters.
I did not know that. Just what a find, I love watching the kid play. I’ve said it before but it seems all my favorite players wear five (Lofton, Schofield, Z). This was one I am so glad to be wrong about, I was not crazy about taking him (that’s an understatement). Off all the criticisms you can throw at Barnes, scouting just isn’t one of them. He finds good players from a variety of avenues

I did not know that. Just what a find, I love watching the kid play. I’ve said it before but it seems all my favorite players wear five (Lofton, Schofield, Z). This was one I am so glad to be wrong about, I was not crazy about taking him (that’s an understatement). Off all the criticisms you can throw at Barnes, scouting just isn’t one of them. He finds good players from a variety of avenues
Stokes was another #5. The number has been good to us. 😀

Reactions: Vol49er
He gets a double double while shooting 50% tonight.

Great thread OP.

In the OP's defense - he started off as per normal - bricking up a couple of 3's that were no where close. He struck a longggg 3 at the buzzer of the first half. Because O had foul trouble all game and Fulky is puny he played a lot of 4 -- which is largely why he played well and recorded the double double. He made another 3 late in the game, but for the most part - cover your child's eyes when he is shooting 3's. Great guy and great teammate; hasn't been able to throw it in the ocean from 3.

JJJ is better on the inside. Noticed we took far fewer 3's tonight and that SC jr. may have the worst SEC basketball team that I have seen in a while - uggggg. That first half was hard to watch.

In the OP's defense - he started off as per normal - bricking up a couple of 3's that were no where close. He struck a longggg 3 at the buzzer of the first half. Because O had foul trouble all game and Fulky is puny he played a lot of 4 -- which is largely why he played well and recorded the double double. He made another 3 late in the game, but for the most part - cover your child's eyes when he is shooting 3's. Great guy and great teammate; hasn't been able to throw it in the ocean from 3.

JJJ is better on the inside. Noticed we took far fewer 3's tonight and that SC jr. may have the worst SEC basketball team that I have seen in a while - uggggg. That first half was hard to watch.

Yea but maybe…….just maybe OP might want to “wait” and see……..before starting a thread……..I mean seriously he was probably the best player for Tennessee tonight.

Yea but maybe…….just maybe OP might want to “wait” and see……..before starting a thread……..I mean seriously he was probably the best player for Tennessee tonight.
While I agree - it would have been fine with me if with 3 minutes left in the first half he started a thread about everyone on the team and all the coaches. :) That was some seriously awful basketball being played. We had 2 assists at that point. How is that even possible.

I think our best lineup is with JJJ at the 4 and both ZZ and Chandler in the game. Fulky or ON at the 5 with Uros getting a few spot minutes

Well, I'll give you the Cliffs Notes version.

•Fulk rebounded from his recent poor efforts.
•JJJ shot the ball uncharacteristically well and naturally did everything else well.
•Shockingly, our best player at getting to the paint and the rim is probably 5'-8". He doesn't have much in the way of NBA prospects, but he might end up being the best college player from this team when his career is over.
•We suck at shooting FTs. 11-25 (44%) 🙄
•Justin Powell is still afraid to shoot.
Nkamhoua has the worst hands of any big on our team, by a mile, and played about as poorly as one could across the opening 5 minutes. It earned him a long break on the bench following the under-16 TO.
•Vescovi solid but shot poorly.
My coach would be telling him “you couldn’t catch aids in a brothel”.

Reactions: cncchris33
Yeah, this fits my feelings as well. There are those who are reasonable, then there are those who are just toxic. Good post. Thanks.
I have made mental notes of those people (I mean after all the Leopard never changes his spots) and usually skip right past them. You would think they’d realize regulars here see their asinine post and have zero respect for those opinions. When all boils down ….this whole thing can be extremely silly.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I have made mental notes of those people (I mean after all the Leopard never changes his spots) and usually skip right past them. You would think they’d realize regulars here see their asinine post and have zero respect for those opinions. When all boils down ….this whole thing can be extremely silly.
It’s something else. Good advice to skip past them.

VN Store

Back