'21 TN TE Charlie Browder (Tennessee commit)

Possibly. However, several great NFL players have attributed their success on Sundays to matching up against great offensive/defensive teammates during practice. Seems to help more than hurt in most situations.
This.. Why exactly are the college elites (the Bamas and UGAs) so good on defense? Because they practice against really good players...

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
It's not an overnight process to get to that level. We haven't been on that level for 2 decades.
Right, we will see what we can do with these 3* DBs and LBs we recruited. Just seems we are trending in the wrong direction.

Right, we will see what we can do with these 3* DBs and LBs we recruited. Just seems we are trending in the wrong direction.
We are actually trending in the right direction. '22 was going be rough in recruiting with everything we had working against us, but we had a better season and recruiting class than was expected. Things are looking very positive for '23 and beyond. But, if you are trying to compare our classes to UGA and BAMA you'll continue to be disappointed.

Definitely never hurts to have a guy who grew up wearing the right shade of orange. Like Shuler, I can't imagine he is coming to sit on the bench. We need good blocking TEs and we need them badly.

It makes you wonder if some of these PWOs are getting some NIL deals to help cover the cost of tuition. That's two guys that have left schollys at decent schools to be PWOs here. Of course it doesn't hurt that both grew up as vols.
Tuition shouldn’t be a concern issue for in state students; pretty sure it cost his family a lot more to attend a private school in NC for his senior year

Reactions: BucVol98
Definitely never hurts to have a guy who grew up wearing the right shade of orange. Like Shuler, I can't imagine he is coming to sit on the bench. We need good blocking TEs and we need them badly.

It makes you wonder if some of these PWOs are getting some NIL deals to help cover the cost of tuition. That's two guys that have left schollys at decent schools to be PWOs here. Of course it doesn't hurt that both grew up as vols.

As an instate kid with HOPE money to boot, costs to travel to and attend games should be way less to offset TOTAL cost for his education. It is also possible his bud's dad can help with cost saving measures around Knoxville. Should be a feel good story for any Vol.

We didn't do a very good job of that in the secondary this year. Our D is light years away from what we just saw in the NC game. We are back to seeing that defense can win championships. Georgia held Bama to 18 points. Their offense only scored 26 points. Our O looks outstanding, but we saw how much they too struggled against Georgia's defense. Tennessee better start crootin on both sides of the ball.
Georgia held a Bama offense to 18 points that was missing its best two players. If Williams and Meechie had played it would have been an much different game. .

Georgia held a Bama offense to 18 points that was missing its best two players. If Williams and Meechie had played it would have been an much different game. .
Some truth to that but You are not going to win many games against a # 2 raked team without scoring Tds instead of FGs n Georgia's Dline and LBs controlled Bama's Oline and to the post they could not score touchdowns from inside the 5 yard line. I do wonder why Bama did not take more shots down the field early n the game. I assume they through they would not have enough time to throw the deep ball under the pressure Georgia was creating. When Bama did throw deep, most of the passes were short and off target.I hate to admit it, but Georgia's defense controlled won the game .

I agree, but the flip side of that is Bama held Georgia's offense to 26 points with D.

Some truth to that but You are not going to win many games against a # 2 raked team without scoring Tds instead of FGs n Georgia's Dline and LBs controlled Bama's Oline and to the post they could not score touchdowns from inside the 5 yard line. I do wonder why Bama did not take more shots down the field early n the game. I assume they through they would not have enough time to throw the deep ball under the pressure Georgia was creating. When Bama did throw deep, most of the passes were short and off target.I hate to admit it, but Georgia's defense controlled won the game .

I dunno why Bama went from their normal plan in the redzone from about 5 yds out goal line formation and run it down your throat until they score……

That’s usually what they do…. Yet they were going out of the shotgun. Lol a lot of things they did yesterday were questionable.

I dunno why Bama went from their normal plan in the redzone from about 5 yds out goal line formation and run it down your throat until they score……

That’s usually what they do…. Yet they were going out of the shotgun. Lol a lot of things they did yesterday were questionable.

There were at least three potentially game changing deep balls that hit players in the hands that led to punts instead of more scoring opportunities. I don't think GA was honoring the pass threat deep in the red zone. Did not want them to win, but they earned it. I actually gained a bit of respect for their QB after he overcame his fumble that led to the Bama TD.

Reactions: SmokinBob

I was surprised as well that they didn’t try to pound it in once they got inside the 10 yard line.

VN Store

Back