Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a big difference in taking strides and having the mentality that these championship programs have. Everyone wants to win championships but they aren’t always doing what it takes and sometimes it’s shady. I am pleased with our progress and I suppose you have to crawl before you walk so we shall see.

Cant really do what these other programs did this year when you literally just fired your entire football staff and rebuilt for being terrible at hiding doing all the shady stuff….. especially when a punishment hasn’t even been rendered yet for the previous incident.

Would be a massive slap in the NCAAs face m

It's interesting to see the different strategies taking shape.

Every dynasty comes to an end, and aTm is banking on being the next program to rise in the West. They've been moving that way for a while, and they just pushed their chips into the center of the table. They had a plan, they were ready and they're committed to bankrolling their ambition. We'll see how it works.
It is fascinating to watch. Some things I've thought about... how do the current players that didn't get deals when signing feel? Are they going to get those deals too? I'm assuming the deals are four year deals. Do the other players get the deals to keep them happy? Do they get more? I'm not sure you can maintain an annual payroll of $25-30 mil year. Let's be honest this is a complete facade. There is no ROI. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see that as sustainable.

Reactions: LA Vol
Entertainment value.
I’m ok if you want to believe it’s a big deal.
I’m more interested in head to head bragging rights.

For example. I’ve never talked trash about the 1998 title to anyone but FSU fans. Because that’s who we played.
The day after the Ohio State fan next door was already saying “that game proved it should have been OSU instead of FSU and we’d have won”. Were we better than OSU that year? Maybe.
Whatever

Saban lost to two of his assistants this year. Just realized that.

ATM's push is being done the right way. They're dumping everything they have into the defense/LOS.

I would much rather it be ATM v UGA in the SEC Championship next year than watch Bama again.

Saban has the look Spurrier had (twice) when he realized he wasn't having as much fun.

Seems pretty clear aTm put together a top-down, phased plan. They focused on facilities, invested in hiring Jimbo, gave him a big staffing budget and waited to unleash their NIL strategy. They were proactive and ready to launch.

Having UGA strong doesn't benefit UT. The road to the division championship goes through Athens and the state of Georgia is important to UT recruiting. If we want to rebuild to championship-caliber, it's division first-- and that means beating UGA, with UF a mental thorn and UK (and SCAR) thinking they're the third best program in the East.

Every dynasty comes to an end, and aTm is banking on being the next program to rise in the West. They've been moving that way for a while, and they just pushed their chips into the center of the table. They had a plan, they were ready and they're committed to bankrolling their ambition. We'll see how it works.
I maintain that the huge NIL budget is a fear-based response to the Texas-to-SEC news. They have a small window to distance themselves from a talent and success standpoint. Once Texas is in the SEC, they'll have to battle it out to be THE Texas SEC team. A&M knows they only have so much time to instill in the Texas HS football system that A&M is where it's at, and they'll have to dominate Texas on the field when they start playing again.

It's still an uphill battle for them, and they are dumping every resource into launching the new A&M while they still can, because the future of their program depends on it.

I really don't understand why we're even listed. I'm pleased with our season but IDK where Vegas is getting the idea that we're even worth long shot odds.
You can add North Carolina and Notre Dame to that too. It's like they put a map on a dartboard to find a few teams to give +8000 odds to.

Reactions: UTProf
Anyone think Milton can improve with another year in the system?
He improved by the end of the year and the only reason he stayed for next year is because he thinks this staff can make him a better QB. He will push to be the starter against Hooker again. (Good for competition) but could easily be our starter in 23

If you ask me I think we go 9-3 regular season in 22. We have the offense to do it. If the defense shows any improvement we will be a really hard team to beat.

Biggest thing that killed us this year was not being able to get off the field on 3rd downs.
We need a current LB to take the next step, or we need to find a great LB in the portal.

Verse would have been a great addition, because we only generated pressure when we brought extra (usually 6+).

On offense we are poised well. A speedy RB would be great to add that can make plays out of the backfield or eat up chunks when the run is wide open after the D is disoriented.

If the officiating is updated to have rules in place against our opponents faking injuries, we are absolutely 1 win better, at a minimum.

He improved by the end of the year and the only reason he stayed for next year is because he thinks this staff can make him a better QB. He will push to be the starter against Hooker again. (Good for competition) but could easily be our starter in 23
Man would we be lucky if he stayed and put that Justin Herbert arm to good use in a couple years

We need a current LB to take the next step, or we need to find a great LB in the portal.

Verse would have been a great addition, because we only generated pressure when we brought extra (usually 6+).

On offense we are poised well. A speedy RB would be great to add that can make plays out of the backfield or eat up chunks when the run is wide open after the D is disoriented.

If the officiating is updated to have rules in place against our opponents faking injuries, we are absolutely 1 win better, at a minimum.
I agree we have to find a LB opposite of Banks who are just as good or better and then we need our 2nd team LBs to not be a drop off from our first team guys which also goes across the entire defense.

Just saying. Everyone thought we were going to have a terrible recruiting class for 22. The staff proves those individuals wrong.

23’ was always going to be the recruiting class you judge this staff on. 22’ recruits were being recruited on the “well this is how it’s going to be” (without any proof to back it up, until we started playing Football)

Now that players have seen what our offense can do and what our defense has the capability to do we won’t have any more issues recruiting.
Doesnt matter. We can get decent players but we arent loading up on horses with AM UGA Bama etc.... without playing their game and we arent going to do that.

I agree we have to find a LB opposite of Banks who are just as good or better and then we need our 2nd team LBs to not be a drop off from our first team guys which also goes across the entire defense.
I think that Banks has turned into a fine LB. To take nothing from him and his effort.

We need a natural there, though.

Hard to see how they won’t be successful. They have an organization that wants to win at all costs and Jimbo is a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back