Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you understand that Kurby isn't a "great recruiter"? He has a machine buying players for him just like Saban has for the last fifteen years.

I am old now, and it has taken a long time for me to understand this fact.."Great recruiters" are a myth, and always have been. It is all about who has the best, most efficient machine behind them.

I don't disagree with you, but at some point we've gotta give Kirby credit for something 66-15 and a national championship isn't something bad coaches accomplish. What I think is kind of a crock is that he's done all that and still hasn't won the SEC Championship, if ever the playoffs made it obvious conference championships had no value this is the year.

Remember folks people will try and tell you “STARS DONT MATTER” and those people are liars and they love to point at the few cases where INDIVIDUALS over achieve their ranking. The TEAMS winning all are 4-5 star loaded. Going to be a long time before we even sniff an SEC championship much less a real shot at a title. College football has allowed teams blatantly cheating before NIL ruin the entire product. Only 2-3 teams annually have a shot. There is no parody.
Oh...you are completely wrong about that..it is nothing but a parody...a complete farce.

Now parity is another thing altogether...but I will say that outside of 3-4 teams there is more parity than ever. If something could/would be done to those few teams to make it an even playing field more teams would have a real chance than ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christian Lowe
You had two teams with the highest payroll pre NIL. GA probably had more $$ in defense. Maybe the bright spot in NIL is other teams can now spend what they do (not Tennessee of course). That's why Kirby and nick are so against it.
If we are not going to help buy the players that we need now that it pretty much legal to do so...then we should just shut up about it.

Yeah... He should... It's the Heisman. You win the Heisman for being the greatest even when the chips are down. Greatness stills rears its head. He showed signs of quitting long before the game ended.

So he didn't have his top two receivers most of the game... Still had better receivers, linemen, and RBs than most every other team in college football. Not even mentioning the best coach in the history of football on the sideline.
What a load of crap. The ignorance on here still amazes me at times

I don't disagree with you, but at some point we've gotta give Kirby credit for something 66-15 and a national championship isn't something bad coaches accomplish. What I think is kind of a crock is that he's done all that and still hasn't won the SEC Championship, if ever the playoffs made it obvious conference championships had no value this is the year.
If he played Heupel with equal talent...you would see what a garbage coach he is.

I'll be honest, at this point BCS was a better system imo.

Wider playoffs will allow non conference teams with 1 losses to sneak in and get a shot they really didn't earn. All you need to tweak is the "auto-bids" for bowls. So that the top 6 bowls are matching up 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, etc. so the top 12 teams have a meaningful game still to play.

That "fumble" that gifted Bama 6 does not get called the same way if Young throws it either. Bama got their typical breaks and reasonable doubt.

UGA dominated that game. In spite of some awful play calls for UGA on drives that they were moving.

By the end of the game they had completely outmatched Bama. Mutants all over the field. Kirby built a monster.
And yet Bama absolutely beat the livin 💩 out of them when still at full strength.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Honestly we just need to get close talent wise. Cause offensively Heupel's system and play calling can win us games we shouldn't win. But to compete for championships we've gotta see our defense grow a ton, I'm hoping lack of depth/talent was more of the issue this first year there. But Banks/staff haven't exactly proven anything on that side of the ball yet.

7 games where we gave up 30+ isn't going to cut it in the SEC, even if you're goal is to be an offensive juggernaut you still need to be able to keep teams from scoring that much. 12th in the SEC for points given up, really need to be a top 6 team if we're hoping to be competing to be in Atlanta every year, regardless of how good the offense is.

How many Bama "fans" converted to Dawg fans today?
the-bandwagon-all-aboard.gif

Agreed. When Nick first got to Bama he didn’t have the players but it didn’t take long for him to get them because he could sell his vision and had a recent championship before he got there. He built the model and had School, AD and Booster support. All those factors are why they had/have the greatest dynasty in CFB.
He did that because they built a monster cheating machine for him..it meant more to them than it did too anybody else. The back room guys at Alabama got sick of us kicking their teeth in for a decade, so they went all in to do something about it...and we 💩 the bed in response.

Yeah... He should... It's the Heisman. You win the Heisman for being the greatest even when the chips are down. Greatness stills rears its head. He showed signs of quitting long before the game ended.

So he didn't have his top two receivers most of the game... Still had better receivers, linemen, and RBs than most every other team in college football. Not even mentioning the best coach in the history of football on the sideline.
Wow...that's a load of 💩

Reactions: GVol1966
I've got nothing to bet. Everything I have goes into my rescue and my family. But I'd gladly eat crow if wrong.
Okay I'll bet you one big helpin of crow that somehow we will be worse with....

Our entire coaching staff back

90% of our starters back including our QB who just broke some TN passing records, and has all his TE's back, a bunch of promising young receivers, a transfer with 1st round potential and Cedric Tillman who just had 1,000 yards.

A top 15 class and the cumulative effect of all the transfers we have gotten and will get by fall camp

Reactions: volsfan_17
Lots of truth here.

Expanding the playoffs isn’t the answer either. Just look at the FCS, which is worse.

Final thought: when was the last meaningful upset in college football history?

I’m not sure I know…
I will never understand you people that are against an at least 8 team playoff..it is weird. I have ALWAYS hated the dumb crap they do in major college football to decide a champion.

Reactions: GVol1966
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back