Albany DE Jared Verse (transfer - FSU commit)

And the fans saying it’s “no big deal” are the ones head-scratching when we lose the game after scoring 45 points.
More players may come available, maybe not. As long as we’re in it, right?

Why don't we apply a little intelligence and critique our portal performance for edge guys as we enter fall practice? This guy was definitely worth taking a shot at but don't think the next Reggie White is headed to FSU. Never know how we may fill this void. Maybe already did with Pearce.

Why don't we apply a little intelligence and critique our portal performance for edge guys as we enter fall practice? This guy was definitely worth taking a shot at but don't think the next Reggie White is headed to FSU. Never know how we may fill this void. Maybe already did with Pearce.

Intelligence would suggest he’s good enough for the staff to pursue. They wanted him in a year where they’ve been ultra selective. You’re talking Reggie White, I’d be satisfied with a solid SEC-quality contributer which he probably would have been.

Intelligence would suggest he’s good enough for the staff to pursue. They wanted him in a year where they’ve been ultra selective. You’re talking Reggie White, I’d be satisfied with a solid SEC-quality contributer which he probably would have been.

You are of course right..... GLOOM DESPAIR AND AGONY ON ME.... DEEP DARk DEPRESSION EXCESSIVE MISERY....... is that better?

Reactions: BearCat204
At some point we have to get better talent on DL. I don’t like this miss, at all. Would have been a day one starter and helped us out a ton. Maybe our scheme scares kids off? It’s not like RG forgot how to recruit.

I’m not going to knock the kid for his decision but the fact he said “Haggins track record of putting guys in the NFL” is laughable in comparison to what Garner has done.
No, not really.

While, yes, Garner is the GOAT...Haggins is one of the best to ever do it, as well. Been at FSU for almost 30 years, and has put countless players in the NFL.

I love the approach of this staff honestly. Everyone is mad because we aren’t already filling up with four or five transfers. However, the staff is only going after players that they feel will fit the culture, but also will be an upgrade from what we have and contribute immediately. Why take some transfers that put us no farther ahead than where we are right now and ask current players to leave to fill that spot? As has been said, there will be more transfers after the game Monday night which may help us upgrade easily, and there will be more transfers after the spring. Some of those transfers will be from teams with new coaches and they see they don’t like the fit and want to go somewhere else. I hope the staff continues to take this approach and only take players that they know will fit in the program as well as be an upgrade from what we have to make an impact.
Is there proof in the pudding that we are actually being more selective? Just curious. I've seen this mentioned and L.A. has said as much, so I tend to "buy" it.

But we also offered 484 kids this cycle. That's pretty nuts lol. Shoot, we've already offered over 300 for next cycle. What evidence there is doesn't seem to point to a selective strategy, but rather a wide net strategy like Pruitt and, to a lesser degree, Butch.

I'm fine with either tbh, as we don't seem in great position to be overly selective anyway. When I think of selective, I think of Clemson. Since Dabo arrived, they typically offer 100 or fewer. Maybe a bit more some years. It's a different type of approach, but meh whatever.

No, not really.

While, yes, Garner is the GOAT...Haggins is one of the best to ever do it, as well. Been at FSU for almost 30 years, and has put countless players in the NFL.
Would Haggins be his coach? Idk their scheme, but he's their DT coach. Not DEs. Last I saw.

Reactions: VolGee4
Lol the sunshine pumpers here are obnoxious. Can’t seem to agree that this is a miss by the staff and a big loss. These things happen, but we need to start pulling in more guys like this to truly turn the corner on D.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Well we did things “the other way.” Did that get us anywhere?

I'd just love to see an elite schemer, like Hype...not Pruitt...PLUS doing it the wrong (and smarter than Beldar) way. Think that would be a homerun.

I'll cross my fingers on this good guy team thing though. Maybe in a couple years when the NCAA stuff is gone we can get back to the real game.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back