Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will thoroughly enjoy GPI. Timeless experience and remains the marquee place to stay in Asheville. Spa is very unique and rates as world class.

Actually live about half a mile from the inn and we go up there for drinks regularly, especially when we have company in town. The food is a little overpriced but your paying for the great views of Pisgah and overall experience. Summertime sunset drinks on the terrace is tough to top.

The smash burger at Edison is one of the best burgers in town.
We go there every chance we can get. It’s a place where peasants can go feel like royalty for a little while. And pay 4 times what a drink is worth. Haha

Reactions: AppStVol
Then CFB will die and the vast majority, the thousands of players who have no chance at professional football will lose the value of a very expensive education

I think coaches making that money is stupid too..they make that money because of TV and overpriced tickets and merchandise sales. I wear Tennessee gear because of no player, I buy it because I am a Tennessean.

**** it....burn it all to the ground.

Old Man McGill overreacting to change for the 937,462 time.

@BigSteve09 you have to stay at the inn to get a spa day pass but even then it’s hard to come by. Recommend booking a massage or some treatment and you’re guaranteed to use every feature. The views from the outdoor spa at sunset are killer. Next time we go we plan on staying until sunset instead of rushing to get out of there to make a dinner reservation.
👍 We're doing 4 nights and we have the day passes and some services booked. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Is there a penalty if they don’t go to college and any tax benefits? As pertaining to the 529.
It’s yours if the beneficiary doesn’t use it for qualified distribution. Just change beneficiary to you. But yes there’s income tax and 10% penalty. You can use it now on vocational and trade schools and even homeschool and private education expenses for kids.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Is there a penalty if they don’t go to college and any tax benefits? As pertaining to the 529.

Not a financial person, but I’m pretty sure it can be rolled to the next generation, if grandkids come along. But I’ve also been told that it’s pretty liberal to use, even if it’s for a trade school.

Everytime I begin thinking that like I imagine being a 25 year old dude in 1941 or 1914. And thinking about how that would seem a lot more apocalyptic than my circumstances. We’re at the peak of human civilization but social media cancer and propaganda makes us think things are falling apart.

Climate change may or may not be a problem (I'm not knowledgeable enough to know one way or another and I'm not very trusting when politics is involved), but I do believe, based on my own study, that producing enough useable energy to support 7 billion people is a growing problem. That problem manifests as economic distress, and right now practically every major economy on the planet is debasing their currency (aka "printing money") to keep from imploding under the weight of bad debt. Prior wars notwithstanding, these are the kind of issues that precede dark ages.

Optimism is good, because it keeps people sane and engaged. But sometimes caution/pessimism are good too, because they keep people from fiddling while Rome burns.

Climate change may or may not be a problem (I'm not knowledgeable enough to know one way or another and I'm not very trusting when politics is involved), but I do believe, based on my own study, that producing enough useable energy to support 7 billion people is a growing problem. That problem manifests as economic distress, and right now practically every major economy on the planet is debasing their currency (aka "printing money") to keep from imploding under the weight of bad debt. Prior wars notwithstanding, these are the kind of issues that precede dark ages.

Optimism is good, because it keeps people sane and engaged. But sometimes caution/pessimism are good too, because they keep people from fiddling while Rome burns.
True, at the absolute best case scenario we are in a major economic bubble like the dot-com bubble and roaring 20’s. Heading for hopefully just a recession and possibly stagflation like the 70’s.😬

It’s yours if the beneficiary doesn’t use it for qualified distribution. Just change beneficiary to you. But yes there’s income tax and 10% penalty. You can use it now on vocational and trade schools and even homeschool and private education expenses for kids.
Ouch, what are the benefits then? If they will tax your own money if they decide any kind of college is not for them.

Ouch, what are the benefits then? If they will tax your own money if they decide any kind of college is not for them.

The benefit is that you can save for secondary education tax free. I think you can also roll it over to another 529 account if you have another child. You would pay income tax on it otherwise, so there isn’t much downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back