What happened to Chandler's Mojo?

Chandler much like the rest of our players, looks better when we push tempo. Bigger, more physical teams bother him when he drives the paint and he has to adjust to that and have more confidence in his floater in the lane. I do like it when he is paired with Ziegler.

Has anyone watched Duke 5 star freshman Banchero play? Makes me wonder what would have happened had he come to Tn. Our 2 5 stars aren’t having near the impact he is, now the important question is why?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Has anyone watched Duke 5 star freshman Banchero play? Makes me wonder what would have happened had he come to Tn. Our 2 5 stars aren’t having near the impact he is, now the important question is why?

Not all 5 stars are equal. He is a lottery pick and really top 5 pick already. Because of stature, Chandler was more of a first round talent and let’s see how he handles college ball. BHH was similar too and wasn’t an automatic one and done after reclassifying.

Not all 5 stars are equal. He is a lottery pick and really top 5 pick already. Because of stature, Chandler was more of a first round talent and let’s see how he handles college ball. BHH was similar too and wasn’t an automatic one and done after reclassifying.
Same thing for jabari smith at auburn?

The 247 player rankings provide insight:

JJJ: #22
Keon: #19
Springer: #16
Chandler: #9
Banchero: #2

Not all 5-stars are the same

Enlighten me, I only know the Doors commercial/radio play hits. Before my time, I did like INXS, Michael Hutchence, the wanna be Morrison

LA Woman:
Mr Mojo Risin
Unscrambled anagram: Jim Morrison

Fast forward to 04:45

Freaky, no?

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows
Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light
Or just another lost angel, city of night
City of night, city of night, city of night, whoa, come on

Reactions: The Dog
I think his “recruiting ranking” got to his head and he tries to over do it, which would lead to a turn over, miss shot, etc. I think he needs to relax and let the game come to him. His passing needs more work than anything.

One reason was Chandler got two early fouls and sat most of the first half. Once he finally came in, it took a while for him to get going. The Ole Miss game seemed like a team that payed attention to the scouting reports and were prepared. On one of Chandler's spin moves an off ball defender came in to strip the ball.
On one of John Fulkerson's moves, he had an easy layup on the right side of the rim, but because he shot it with his lett hand the shot was blocked. Most players would've used their right hand, but the defender was prepared for John to use his left.
Those are just a. Couple examples

What if we had landed Walker Kessler or Jabari Smith? Then we would have the missing piece to a Final 4 team

Same thing for jabari smith at auburn?
Fun story:

I used to teach summer basketball camps in between my college season and I did one down in Atlanta back in mid/late 2000s. This little kid AJ would come with his Dad (who I found out to have been a former college/pro player) and we'd always play 1-on-1 afterwards and he'd of course his 6'11" Dad would destroy me each time. But anyways had a good week that week except having to pull his son AJ off of another kid when he got embarrassed by him in a drill. Every week I taught those camps I wore orange UT gear on the last day for "jersey" day. I specifically remember AJ and his Dad talking about UT and how much they liked it up there despite being from Atlanta their whole lives.

Turns out AJ = Jabari Smith Jr and the Dad was former LSU/pro player Jabari Smith Sr.

Had Jabari Smith Jr ended up at UT I would totally be taking 100% credit for that. Buuuuuuuut it didn't. Oh well. Fun story to tell.

Fun story:

I used to teach summer basketball camps in between my college season and I did one down in Atlanta back in mid/late 2000s. This little kid AJ would come with his Dad (who I found out to have been a former college/pro player) and we'd always play 1-on-1 afterwards and he'd of course his 6'11" Dad would destroy me each time. But anyways had a good week that week except having to pull his son AJ off of another kid when he got embarrassed by him in a drill. Every week I taught those camps I wore orange UT gear on the last day for "jersey" day. I specifically remember AJ and his Dad talking about UT and how much they liked it up there despite being from Atlanta their whole lives.

Turns out AJ = Jabari Smith Jr and the Dad was former LSU/pro player Jabari Smith Sr.

Had Jabari Smith Jr ended up at UT I would totally be taking 100% credit for that. Buuuuuuuut it didn't. Oh well. Fun story to tell.
Wow. How cool.

Fun story:

Vols would be a Top 10 team with Jabari Smith. Losing out on him to Pearl hurts

Some tougher nights agreed but I will say this about the kid, he looks like the friendliest fun loving kid on the court I have seen in a long time. He is always smiling talking to refs and players. It is great to see now a days with NIL and all the other bs going on.
The Freshman wall hits almost every basketball player in college. Not to worry. He is a terrific player and will continue to be a great point guard for us.

Barnes

At this point, not sure how Chandler could be a one and done with the inconsistent performance so far. Hopefully we get him for at least another year. If he can't be/play consistently elite in the SEC/College, how is he going to get it done on the court in the NBA...

The Freshman wall hits almost every basketball player in college. Not to worry. He is a terrific player and will continue to be a great point guard for us.
Yep, but in this case, I don't think it's so much the wall as it is he's been scouted pretty well now. His game has to grow. He's got to get much, much better with his shot. They aren't going to let him just walk down the lane to the rim anymore.

At this point, not sure how Chandler could be a one and done with the inconsistent performance so far. Hopefully we get him for at least another year. If he can't be/play consistently elite in the SEC/College, how is he going to get it done on the court in the NBA...
Hell, colleges play a lot more defense than the NBA does. His game would probably look a lot different in the pros than it does at this level. With ZZtop and BJ, I have a hard time seeing him return. It would be a helluva lot of fun to have all 3 of those guys on the roster. What a nightmare for opposing backcourts.

Yep, but in this case, I don't think it's so much the wall as it is he's been scouted pretty well now. His game has to grow. He's got to get much, much better with his shot. They aren't going to let him just walk down the lane to the rim anymore.
Well Quinnerly from Bama seems to drive the lane at will? How does he make it happen?

That 5* freshman pg at old Miss couldn’t do much of anything. He’s got a long ways to go to live up to his billing

VN Store

Back