Georgia could lose almost the whole D

Isn't Tennessee under NCAA investigation for paying players?
Yes.
But don't deflect.

Though you all have had a wonderful year.
Tennessee will still be more of a National Champion THIS year than you all will.

Tennessee has a talent deficiency right now compared to you all and Bama.
But the truth is UGA is no closer to beating Bama than we are hahaha.

And Good luck. May the best team win....

Yes.
But don't deflect.

Though you all have had a wonderful year.
Tennessee will still be more of a National Champion THIS year than you all will.

Tennessee has a talent deficiency right now compared to you all and Bama.
But the truth is UGA is no closer to beating Bama than we are hahaha.

And Good luck. May the best team win....

Care to elaborate?

I hate to go there, because I'm really not trying to start something here.

But, beat Florida first. That's more than possible and, in truth, really needs to happen.

Transition year for the Gators and the game is in Knoxville.

Yep, we got fans worried about elite teams when we're not even 2nd tier in the SEC.

"Tennessee will still be more of a National Champion THIS year than you all will. "
I think he's saying if y'all lose next Monday you still aren't a national champion any more than we are. I agree he didn't say it precisely correct but that's what I'm pretty sure he was saying.

UGA is now on Bama level when it comes to depth. Every year it seems like people say, oh man Bama is losing so much they can’t be as good. Yet that never happens. UGA will have an elite defense next year as well. Will it be this years unit? No. Will it be extremely stout? Yes.

They will still beat us like a drum.

It's hard to compete against teams that recruit within the top 3 every year.

If you sign a top 10-15 class, you can beat ALMOST everyone if you're an elite coach. But it's hard to out-scheme rosters that have a dozen guys taken in the draft every year.

I'll say the same thing about CJH that I've said about every UT coach since the latter days of Fulmer- he's going to have to significantly raise the level of recruiting OR he's going to have to out-coach several teams if he's going to ever win the SEC.

Unfortunately it's that simple. We haven't won the conference in 23 years for a reason.

Heupel isn’t going to out coach Smart. I know there are people in here who thinks he isn’t a good coach but those people look incredibly dumb. Smart is one of the best coaches in the country.

If you want to beat the best teams, you need top tier talent to win. But in order to get top tier talent, you have to win. It’s the ultimate catch 22.

To be honest, as long as Smart is at Georgia, we won’t be sniffing an East title. We just will not be able to recruit at a high enough level.

Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.
It would be nice but they would just run in another 11 who are just as good.

OP their D line is 3 deep with 5* players. They will probably take a small step back next year due to how good they were this year. They will just reload with more 5*.

They won’t miss a beat…loaded with talent and Muschamp is an upgrade over Lanning in my opinion.

Their D maybe even better next year.

They won’t miss a beat…loaded with talent and Muschamp is an upgrade over Lanning in my opinion.

Their D maybe even better next year.

Our interior D line probably won't be as good, surely won't be as big, but we should be as good or better at LB and better at secondary. Oddly enough a lot of young guys got PT on defense as Kirby likes to stack talent on that side and rotate. I really like Lanning but we're in good hands with Muschamp and Schumann splitting the DC duties.

Until they limit how many 3,4,5 star recruits you can have ,their will ALWAYS be about 2 for sure sometimes 3 teams across the nation that will beat the doors out of everybody else. Always has been always will.

Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.
You don’t take huge steps back when you’re top 3 recruiting every year. The next up 5 stars just step in. Why you think Bama never takes a step back when they lose lots?
And then there’s the plug and play portal to fill the gaps

Heupel isn’t going to out coach Smart. I know there are people in here who thinks he isn’t a good coach but those people look incredibly dumb. Smart is one of the best coaches in the country.

If you want to beat the best teams, you need top tier talent to win. But in order to get top tier talent, you have to win. It’s the ultimate catch 22.

To be honest, as long as Smart is at Georgia, we won’t be sniffing an East title. We just will not be able to recruit at a high enough level.

I don't think it boils down to either guy "out coaching" the other. Imo, when you have a stronger roster, you play on the conservative side in order to avoid beating yourself. Otoh, when you have a less dominant roster, you roll the dice and play it wide open. I could see a scenario where Heupel improves the talent level and then wins some games vs perceived elite teams. It's kind of like Hugh Freeze and Kevin Sumlin beating Saban with an aggressive attitude and a few elite players but no where near the overall talent.

Hey you never know. Losing their DC hurts most of all. They will have tons of talent but experience does matter. They will most likely win the East but I won't be shocked if we make them fight for 4 quarters. Make no mistake Kirby is nowhere near Sabans level. He is a modern Fulmer. In the 90s Phil pulled in tons of talent but Coach Cut and Cheif were the reason he had the success he did especially Cut. Had he not gone to Ole Miss Fulmer wins 2 more NCs imo. Plus if Bama beats them again Kirby is never gonna hear the end of it. If he doesn't win this NC I doubt he ever will at least till Saban retires
Makes me wonder what if cutcliffe was there in 05

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back