Georgia could lose almost the whole D

VOLNPA

Big 10 SUX!
Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.

Last edited:
Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.
We would never stop them on 3rd downs...

Their second string is pretty much all 4 and 5 stars, so I doubt that there will be a huge drop off. Maybe early in the season, but I would expect them to be playing at a pretty high level by the time November comes around.

Reactions: vettefool

Flame away.

They're almost at Alabama level now.

They're just going to reload. Don't bother looking at who they lost. They've got people.

They're almost at Alabama level now.

They're just going to reload. Don't bother looking at who they lost. They've got people.
I know, but even with the talent they've had recently, this group was on a different level. Again...maybe I'm completely off base, but that's a lot of dominant production to replace.

Reactions: knox73
I know, but even with the talent they've had recently, this group was on a different level. Again...maybe I'm completely off base, but that's a lot of dominant production to replace.

I hate to go there, because I'm really not trying to start something here.

But, beat Florida first. That's more than possible and, in truth, really needs to happen.

Transition year for the Gators and the game is in Knoxville.

But, beat Florida first. That's more than possible and, in truth, really needs to happen.

I definitely get that. We could upset someone and still regress against a team we beat this year. As many have said, at least Heupel's Vols are interesting

Reactions: vettefool
They're recruiting and getting the best players money can buy, every year. They just reload like Bama anymore.

Doesnt matter, they have enough depth to overcome it and still be in playoff picture. Plus they have some nice NIL money down there.
How do we know who has the NIL money? Of course those guys are getting paid. If we were contending for a championship, our players would be getting paid too. Companies aren’t going to throw their money at mediocre players

Flame away.
Their recruiting is the definition of depth and next man up.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

Ain’t happening

Reactions: jeff1vol
Hey you never know. Losing their DC hurts most of all. They will have tons of talent but experience does matter. They will most likely win the East but I won't be shocked if we make them fight for 4 quarters. Make no mistake Kirby is nowhere near Sabans level. He is a modern Fulmer. In the 90s Phil pulled in tons of talent but Coach Cut and Cheif were the reason he had the success he did especially Cut. Had he not gone to Ole Miss Fulmer wins 2 more NCs imo. Plus if Bama beats them again Kirby is never gonna hear the end of it. If he doesn't win this NC I doubt he ever will at least till Saban retires

Transition year for the Gators and the game is in Knoxville.[/QUOTE]

I would take losing to UGA 5 more years if it means we beat the gators those 5 years. I long for the day when yall no longer live in our heads rent free. Florida is the Win I want most each and every year and that will never change.

The joy Gator fans get from beating UGA is the same we get from beating them. It's the sweetest feeling in the world. I know KY fans feel it when they beat us, It's a indescribable feeling that stays with me all year. I hope like hell I get to feel it again this Sep. We won't have a better chance to win for a long time

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
UGA will undoubtedly be worse on defense in 2022. Losing nearly their entire starting defense and their DC.

Obviously, they still have elite talent to step up, but this defense was one of the best they've ever had statistically.

Perhaps. But the new guys will still be better then our D. The recruiting -including the portal - must step up. We need help at all 3 levels.

Reactions: mercuryvol

Flame away.
If I was Kirby, I would be telling recruits, "If you pick Alabama, prepare yourself for a coaching change. Most likely, to Jeremy Pruitt. Aiight?".

Reactions: Tradevol
As bad as the rest of the East is, they can have a slow start and still make SECG. Maybe Oregon can bust their bubble for the natty.

It's hard to compete against teams that recruit within the top 3 every year.

If you sign a top 10-15 class, you can beat ALMOST everyone if you're an elite coach. But it's hard to out-scheme rosters that have a dozen guys taken in the draft every year.

I'll say the same thing about CJH that I've said about every UT coach since the latter days of Fulmer- he's going to have to significantly raise the level of recruiting OR he's going to have to out-coach several teams if he's going to ever win the SEC.

Unfortunately it's that simple. We haven't won the conference in 23 years for a reason.

VN Store

Back