Biggest Need 2022

mitzustu

Corner. Plain and simple. As it stands we are losing two DBs Alontae Taylor and Theo Jackson. And bringing in two in the recruiting class. That’s a net loss at least in the first year.

We have got to address corner in the portal. Or it will be a very tough 2022 on defense.

Corner. Plain and simple. As it stands we are losing two DBs Alontae Taylor and Theo Jackson. And bringing in two in the recruiting class. That’s a net loss at least in the first year.

We have got to address corner in the portal. Or it will be a very tough 2022 on defense.

I really hope Turnage can be our next great corner.

Reactions: volnut1
I believe Holiday will be switching to DB this spring. His speed will be welcome. We really need help across the board on defense.

Reactions: LTVol
Not physical enough up front on either side of the ball. Purdue whipped us at the LOS... Heupel needs more players, and the ones that are here need to hit the weight room..

The internal d-line is ok but lack of pass rushers and speed on the outside combined with below average LB play exposes the back end.

The internal d-line is ok but lack of pass rushers and speed on the outside combined with below average LB play exposes the back end.
They all got whipped last night. Purdue owned them at the LOS..They've played good against lesser teams. Got exposed when the competition level stepped up a notch..

Agreed. The defense needs to develop from the LOS out. Stopping the run and pressuring the QB is critical in todays game.

A new CB coach. Martinez has proved twice that he's garbage.
Meh, not a huge fan. I’m not sure what he could do differently though last night. Burrell is terrible and I think they’re forced to play him. Some of the calls were Fing awful as well when we pressed last night. Only so much you can do when the refs won’t let your corners press period. Anything physical whatsoever resulted in a flag. Now you can argue we’ve been terrible most of the year and I’m not sure I would argue against that but we don’t have fantastic talent, Taylor was decent, Theo Jackson has been a surprise.

I would argue LBer is a bigger need at this point though. A running qb will always kill us unless we upgrade there. CB is a need also but still you’ve got a lower percentage play there play by play.

Defense. Every position. Any guys in the portal, final signing date, anyone physical who can tackle and defend. Don't waste anymore scholarships on guys who doesn't like contact or don't like tackling.

I don't know what Heupel's S&C philosophy is, but this team needs to toughen up before next season, or 2022, will be a repeat of 2021...

Reactions: vol94
A new CB coach. Martinez has proved twice that he's garbage.
LimpingEducatedEmeraldtreeskink-small.gif

We need players at almost every position. Recruit the best players we can at every position and do it again the next 2 years and we will be to we point where we can concentrate on specific positions. However, we must get a QB, the most important on the field, CBs, and LBs as quickly.It is difficult to have to score 45-50 points every game to try to at least do into overtime. We won the games last night, but the refs took it away from the first quarter on through overtime.

Defensive line, and linebackers. A great front 7 makes your DBs so much better. We can have prime Richard Sherman and Deion sanders back there but if the QB has all day to throw it doesn’t matter
We could of had ray Lewis and his super bowl winning front 7 and our D backfield still sucks

We need a good DL, pass rushers, LBs and DBs. Essentially we need an entire defense and massive depth. I don’t know how you get either of those.

Reactions: Vfl2407

VN Store

Back