Tonight revealed one thing…

Heupel still has a long way to go before he is an elite coach. I like Heupel, and he has done some good things this year, however, he should have never been considered for Coach of the Year.

The final possession of tonight’s game proved my point. Benefit of the doubt - Hooker just forgot that we could actually kick a field goal. No idea what that whole last series during regulation was about.

Should have never went to OT.
So wait, it's Heupels fault for Hooker overthrowing a WO WR or the ref for not throwing the flag? Dang.

Criticize all you want, CJH had the right play calls and Hooker missed the first throw. Refs missed the penalty on the second. In overtime I have no problem going all out for the TD, especially when we get it but the refs just decide "lol no". Its extremely dumb to criticize him this game I think. He trusted his players to execute and even when they did, the refs wouldn't allow it.

I agree, and if the TD had counted and we eventually won people on here would be praising JH for his bravery and brilliance.
He did make some questionable calls but he knows his team better than we do. If Hooker played his normal game we win by 14.

Tonight showed me that Tennessee is a lower tier team, in the middle level pack.

Ya'll understand we are cursed by the "woo", right?

Reactions: hog88
I do give the guy credit for having guts and faith in his men to go for it twice on 4th down in OT.

I'm chalking this one up to growing pains for Heupel and Company.

Totally agree. I’d rather have a coach with some guts. If he’s gonna learn some lessons I’d rather it be in the Music city bowl rather than a playoff bowl.

I agree, and if the TD had counted and we eventually won people on here would be praising JH for his bravery and brilliance.
He did make some questionable calls but he knows his team better than we do. If Hooker played his normal game we win by 14.
This was Hookers normal game against teams ranked above TN. There is a reason he was in the portal. But it was much better watching him play QB this year instead of watching JG.

We’re a couple years away from being a couple years away.
I believe in the Hype!

I do give the guy credit for having guts and faith in his men to go for it twice on 4th down in OT.

I'm chalking this one up to growing pains for Heupel and Company.
Heupel’s style of offense is exciting and will put pressure on D’s for a long time until they devise a strategy to counter it if they can. However he needs to read every bit of information available on game mgt and adjust his decision making in that area.

How long have we been saying that? How many years? For crying out loud. We can’t even beat a middle of the pack B10 team that had their best offensive and defensive players out.

If Bell would have played they likely would have ran us off the field. This was a pathetic game from Heupel. He has to own it. So does the staff and players as well. TN had a great chance to make a true statement to cap off a great year. Instead, they came out and played like crap.
Sounds like you have had enough. Catch ya later, there will be plenty of Vol fans to replace you. We’ll miss ya. NOT.

Are we really blaming the offense/play calling in a game where we had 666 total yards and scored 45 points? I've been a fan of Vol football for 40 years and can't remember us ever having over 350 yards passing and more than 250 yards rushing in the same game.... and still lose.
Yes , it was a factor late.

Get used to it. That's Heupel ball so far. Lot's of Ric Flair woos over the stats in losing efforts. Heupel has to get the corner turned on beating teams like Purdue and Pitt and it seems the idea of beating Bama and UGA is beyond many Vol fans to grasp any longer.
Can we give him a couple of years?

Heupel still has a long way to go before he is an elite coach. I like Heupel, and he has done some good things this year, however, he should have never been considered for Coach of the Year.

The final possession of tonight’s game proved my point. Benefit of the doubt - Hooker just forgot that we could actually kick a field goal. No idea what that whole last series during regulation was about.

And here we go…..the geniuses are all chiming in! Lol its comical the remarks..u people aren’t on the sidine calling crap. It was a good season, much better rhan many of us thought possible…

Tonight revealed one thing, losing still sucks. Other than that I couldn’t care less about anyone questioning the future of the entire program based off a close game

Reactions: Gilb69 and BDP!

No, it revealed that we need a Right Tackle and it ain’t Davis/Crawford. Better hope Mincey is the man.

We also need DBs.

VN Store

Back