The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

#3 Michigan State didn't 🤭🤭
Like the people blaming the play calling. We went from CJP with actual bad play calling to one of the best play callers in the nation who is constantly getting wrs wide open. Set a record for points. Still they blame the play calling
I don't care who is calling plays. You aren't going to win many football games, especially against good opponents, when your defense allows 38 points per game ......

Reactions: 87&91ALUM and CPVOL
I could’ve done without all the running between the tackles without a power back. Also thought the first down run was sorta predictable. But I’ll never complain about 45 points in a game and being able to do it in a variety of ways, and I won’t complain about a coach who shows some balls with the play calling, especially with the dullard we just had for a coach.
I was all over Fant because he couldn’t catch a cold, but when he caught that ball in the 4th and got rolling, it sure was beautiful. Those boys left it all on the field and I’m sure they’re hurting right now, moreso after the screw job by the ACC officials. Lots of positives for a season that nobody thought would amount to anything and I look forward to 2022!!!

You angry?
Do you have a reaponse other than my temperament ? Yes im angry, im angry that officials have to much subjective power influence by money... In no world does anyone look at the 4th down call and blow that play dead unless you have a real agenda.... The NCAA needs to look at its officials universally. It has needed to happen for years and IF you are going to have a replay use the damn thing correctly. This is not the first and probably not the last time this will happen... I do agree we need defense badly, I cant say much regarding the Offense because it has scored more points than any in the schools history. We left some plays out there and maybe a few calls too. No staff is perfect. Not even Saban... They just have the players to execute. I don't kniw if we win the game, we were cheated out of a chance to see.

I mean, despite the outcome, I'm actually really excited about the direction the program's going in based on this year. Not just that, but the direction...early into the new coach's career. I can't remember when the last time UT had that combination since Fulmer was fired and Kiffin pulled his 1 and done. I think that despite the bowl game, things are really looking like they're going in the right direction.

...except maybe with the pass defense. Good lord, the pass defense this year.

We need upgrades there ASAP. There just isn’t much SEC caliber talent there.

I want to thank the coaching staff and players for all of their hard work. You were better than expected. Losing this last game of the "21 Season to Purdue really sucks. That does not mean that you really suck. If you don't like being remembered that way, then you should have won the game.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with several on here about where the blame lies for this loss. Poor play calling and clock management cost us a valid shot at a game winning field goal in regulation. The play calling in OT was almost like he didn't know what to do. The biggest blunder was actually substituting on the last two plays that allowed Purdue to bring out their gassed dlinemen. I don't even want to talk about the complete lack of game plan from the defensive side of the ball.

I truly believe we have the right coach and will be much bettygoing forward. I just hope they truly learn from this game.

That was such a downer to what was a good season…not the loss but that we just played horrible in all phases of the game. Yea, there were some good plays in between the sucky ones but just too many missed throws, missed coverages, missed tackles and just a weak showing along both lines.
I do think that for the most part this year the coaches got the best out of what we have but we have a huge talent gap between where we are and where we need to be so when we show up flat we really aren’t very good.

You mean when the whistle wasn’t blown and forward progress was still going on? Yeah, sounds like you’re misinformed buddy.
Whistle doesn't matter when forward progress has determined to have been stopped. They explained it on the broadcast.

He was stopped short, they weren't letting him move forward, he had to reach his hand out to score but at that point he had already been stopped and the ref saw and called it. That's the rule. It was the right call whether we like it or not.

Reactions: BackwoodsMan
Agreed. Our secondary is horrible. We need 5 dbs from the portal
Look at, I can't even say it, but the s___ty crimson team. Not so much this season but the past decade DEFENSE.. My old ball coach a guy by the name Phillip Lolley, said, offense wins games, defense wins championships. 100% facts

VN Store

Back