The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

Especially when you call fwd progress a fraction of a second after contact, when the player is still advancing fwd, and before the whistle has blown!
The weirdest thing to me is that if forward progress isn’t reviewable and it is also at the refs discretion then what is forward progress?

No argument here. I honestly don’t know how that works. I would have assumed that whistle was there to be blown but I guess he decided to blow the call.
The explanation was that it didn’t matter when the whistle blew, but when they deem progress was stopped.
which is absolute ********.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
It pains me to say it, because I am a die hard fan myself and consider us a big family, but Tennessee has some of the worst fans in all of college football. It’s not the majority of them by any means, but there are a lot of them.

Like the people blaming the play calling. We went from CJP with actual bad play calling to one of the best play callers in the nation who is constantly getting wrs wide open. Set a record for points. Still they blame the play calling

Even if you want to claim forward progress, the ball was in the end zone when the whistle blew
Yes should have either been corrected to a td or we are given a free play from the spot where the ref mistakenly said his forward progress was stopped. So sick of bs calls blatantly causing us losses.

You mean the play calling that lead to 45 points? That’s seriously what you’re going to complain about?

We didn’t play our best on either side of the ball, but the defense bears most of the responsibility for this loss.

It seems all too often we have to also outplay several bad whistles every game. And they always come at critical times.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
I wonder if there will be another rule change via Tennessee getting the shaft in the Music City Bowl again. So you can stop fwd progress before the whistle blows and it's not reviewable?

THAT was such a CROCK! Them damn sobs! They better get the hell outta town B4 some intoxicated Vol Fan acts out.... I'm not intoxicated but if I were there, I'd probably have to be restrained.

You mean the play calling that lead to 45 points? That’s seriously what you’re going to complain about?
Try a 57 yarder in regulation after you tried to be hero and get 45 yards when you need around 10 to kick a field goal and end it, run 3 run plays inside 5 yard line and get stopped on 4th down when a field goal at minimal makes Purdue have to score a td is terrible play calling. You can't spin it any way to say it's not.

Reactions: VolRage
Is it possible that expanded sports betting has ended fair play in gambling-eligible sports forever?

A ref being on the take is one thing… a ref’s family being threatened is another thing altogether. I would cave.

At some point, Heupel has to realize he’s not playing Madden.
I don't view him as a high calibre CFB coach in power 5. He doesn't understand 4th down situations at all. Could have easily kicked a FG in OT and played a 2nd OT. Way too emotional and up-tempo is seemingly built into his thought process. I don't see the advantage of the hurry-up when there are several ways it can be negative to your own team. Why didn't he take the FG? Then depend on the defense especially when he should have saw Purdue running in fresh troops at the goal line. In his 1st year he strikes me as a good offensive coordinator and a sub-par game manager. No explanation exist as to why he didn't take points other than lack of knowledge. Doesn't deserve HC pay in SEC period. And if Kiffin actually offered Golesh I wish he would have left but this is a bad taste in my mouth at the moment.

WHY DIDN'T THE TEAM PLAY WELL ??

VN Store

Back