The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

On a goal line stand you do not make that call. When the game is on the line you let the ball carrier leave it all on the line . No blowing the play dead that close to the goal line. Maybe one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. Smh

Great job by our Gimmick Coach. This one is squarely on the Hype. I do not understand why winning the trophy for most plays called is so important to him but it is. However, cudos to the players they left it on the field.

You mean the strategy that lead to the most points in team history and a top ten offense?

Yeah that sounds terrible!

The officiating in this bowl game is an embarrassment to the the game of college football. This is the worst officiating I've ever seen. Disturbing really. Not sure if the ACC officials are jealous of the SEC or maybe they were paid by the Big (Fat) 10. Tennessee won this game.

Well we got shafted by the refs left and right. I hate to say that as the refs are almost always the scapegoat to a loss but this time it was true.

Hats off to Purdue for playing hard with heart though.

Just wished we would have went for some more yards at the end of regulation to shorten the FG attempt.

Our OL was a problem tonight.

Our DL didn't have any consistent pressure either.

The two bad tackle TDs ended up costing us the game too.

One other thing that bothered me especially with Purdue tired in the 4th was that we hardly ever ran to the perimeters, it was almost exclusively between the tackles.

They said its all about when the official calls it not the whistle.
WTH all he has to do is make up when he "decided" it was stopped. That ref had a bet on this game.
I'm going to guess ref didnt have whistle in mouth but waving hands it was dead on the sideline...
That's all I can think of

Great job by our Gimmick Coach. This one is squarely on the Hype. I do not understand why winning the trophy for most plays called is so important to him but it is. However, cudos to the players they left it on the field.

Gimmick coach? When those “gimmicks” work no one says a word. Bad game in all phases across the board. Purdue deserves to win. Hendon Hooker, subpar tonight.

Reactions: tnvols72
We'll see how much Heupel wants to build a winner at UT...Besides more talent, he needs to greatly toughen up his football team...I would have mandatory weight room workouts for all OL and DL players...They need to toughen up...
he better get himself a real S&C coach because the one he has wont cut it in this league

Did the refs suck? Absolutely! But our play calling and lack of ability to throw over the middle cost us this game period 😑
Playcalling was the least of our problems. Hooker had at least 3 TDs he overthrew. Defense couldn't stop a run that didn't exist before today.

we gotta get a big bad ass running back. these 175 lb rbs can’t get that tough yard when you need. also our O Line didn’t get a push when we had to have. coach JH play calling on that last series b4 the OT was horrible.

They had a better record than us with 2 top 5 wins. They are better than us
Which is why I don't feel that badly for taking them to OT. Is this what any of us were really expecting back in August? I mean, Purdue is celebrating like they won the superbowl after beating a depleted, under-manned, yet over-performing Tennessee. As badly as we played, they still needed zebra help to win. Eff 'em.

TN should tell the Music city bowl to shove it up their rear…
We should never play there again. Even if it means opting out of a bowl game. I'm serious, screw them when they come begging for our fan base next time. SEC needs to put their foot down about these ACC refs too. It is a pattern.

VN Store

Back