The Fate of Humanity Rests In The Calming, Sober Hands of Putin

I like the fact that he is fighting the same people and entities that are trying to enslave us.

I'm sure FDR and Churchill didn't necessarily care for Stalin, yet they aligned with him to fight a common enemy and threat to all of them (or at least that is how the narrative goes).

He isn’t fighting them to free you.

I'm very realistic about Putin, I just don't think he is the devil that many of you think he is. He's flawed just like most of these world leaders. A few that may be better (very few) and a lot more that could be worse.

I don’t think you are realistic at all on Putin.

I'm very realistic about Putin, I just don't think he is the devil that many of you think he is. He's flawed just like most of these world leaders. A few that may be better (very few) and a lot more that could be worse.
I don’t disagree with you that he’s better or worse than most other world leaders. I’m just flabbergasted that you who would complain about a community passing a law or a police officer legally detaining or arresting someone and it sends you into a flying mess of anti government anti police anti everything authority tizzy but you make up excuses for a guy who AcTUALLY embodies and was personally involved with the things you claim to hate

Reactions: allvol123
They now have movie theaters and music festivals. They are heading in a positive direction.

China is going in reverse. Russia probably is also.
China I would agree with. Russia in all likelihood is probably not much more different on the freedom scale than Australia, NZ, Canada or UK right now...

I don’t disagree with you that he’s better or worse than most other world leaders. I’m just flabbergasted that you who would complain about a community passing a law or a police officer legally detaining or arresting someone and it sends you into a flying mess of anti government anti police anti everything authority tizzy but you make up excuses for a guy who AcTUALLY embodies and was personally involved with the things you claim to hate
Well first off, I don't buy into all of the propaganda that you all do that this guy is the next Stalin or Hitler. I think you all are victims of either media bias or are still clinging to your hatred of anything Russian from the Cold War. I've continued to say he is flawed. I'm not sure how many more times I have to say it. But with that said, he is fighting the same battle that freedom minded people here are struggling with. Russia has it's own set of values that are different than ours.

On the other hand, I come down very hard on America because we are supposed to be the example that everyone else should follow (or at least that is how we posture ourselves). So I expect far more from us and criticize us far more harshly.

If that were true then why is their population so impoverished?
Well, they had 70+ years of communism, followed by a decade of empire collapse and foreign investors trying to pick over and pillage whatever was left under Yeltsin before Putin came in the picture. Not to mention that around this time they were beginning to feel the demographic repercussions of the millions of people that were killed during the Soviet era. Then in 2014, they have been having to deal with western sanctions.

Well, they had 70+ years of communism, followed by a decade of empire collapse and foreign investors trying to pick over and pillage whatever was left under Yeltsin before Putin came in the picture. Not to mention that around this time they were beginning to feel the demographic repercussions of the millions of people that were killed during the Soviet era. Then in 2014, they have been having to deal with western sanctions.

Your boy has been in power 20 years. Speaking of pillaging.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Your boy has been in power 20 years. Speaking of pillaging.
All you have to go by to make that claim is what Western media has told you. Am I saying he hasn't done some profiteering? No. But I would suspect that the allegations are overblown or could even be pure fabrication.

All you have to go by to make that claim is what Western media has told you. Am I saying he hasn't done some profiteering? No. But I would suspect that the allegations are overblown or could even be pure fabrication.

You lean towards the most optimistic version of him every time. Might want to slow the idolatry.

They now have movie theaters and music festivals. They are heading in a positive direction.

There are still no open churches. It is still forbidden to practice Christianity openly. A Muslim who converts to Christianity can still be executed if he doesn't recant. I don't believe that increased access to bread and circuses represents a meaningful increase in freedom.

There are still no open churches. It is still forbidden to practice Christianity openly. A Muslim who converts to Christianity can still be executed if he doesn't recant. I don't believe that increased access to bread and circuses represents a meaningful increase in freedom.

Which direction is it heading?

Considering the starting point, it is major progress. And will continue.

A very high level of cinematic and musical artistry was cultivated in the Soviet Union. I've never known anyone, either American-born or born in a Warsaw Pact nation, who thought to use this fact to absolve the Soviet regime of its fundamental wickedness. We should ask ourselves why we, as a society, are so eager to excuse the Saudi regime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
A very high level of cinematic and musical artistry was cultivated in the Soviet Union. I've never known anyone, either American-born or born in a Warsaw Pact nation, who thought to use this fact to absolve the Soviet regime of its fundamental wickedness. We should ask ourselves why we, as a society, are so eager to excuse the Saudi regime.

Where did I excuse anything when saying they are moving towards more freedom.

VN Store

Back