Ahmad Moten better than Nolen

Ya know, those folks at Rivals and 247 are absolute experts at predicting success. I remember they had Jarrett Guarantano listed as the #1 Dual and #7 overall QB in the 2016 class (79 overall). Oh yea, these guys were in the same class. I'm sure no one reading this would have traded good ole JG for any of these.

Justin Herbert (659 overall)
Jalen Hurts
Jordan Love
D’Wayne Haskins
Jacob Eason
Ian Book

EDIT: Freudian slip. I initially wrote Jalen Hurd instead of Jalen Hurts. My bad.

Last edited:
Ya know, those folks at Rivals and 247 are absolute experts at predicting success. I remember they had Jarrett Guarantano listed as the #1 Dual and #7 overall QB in the 2016 class (79 overall). Oh yea, these guys were in the same class. I'm sure no one reading this would have traded good ole JG for any of these.

Jalen Hurd
Jordan Love
D’Wayne Haskins
Jacob Eason
Ian Book

Hurd played QB?

Jalen Hurd
Jordan Love
D’Wayne Haskins
Jacob Eason
Ian Book
This is lazy analysis

Just saying. come to Tenn. Home of the best DT coach in the country.
Yep. Don't know if Moten is better or not, but theres more than just talent involved. There's also effort and fit that go along with talent. I can't imagine the hours Garner and the other coaches keep. Job plus recruiting is a load and very time consuming. If I'm a position coach, the last thing I want to deal with is a lazy prima donna. Even if I had the time to try and bring the best out of a player like that, there's no guarantee you can reach that inner fire and ignite it. Instead, I'm gonna look for kids that love the game and have that drive to compete. Makes my life and job much easier. I have a very hard time seeing Nolan coming to UT to play for Rodney Garner. That makes Moten far more likely to wear orange IMO.

His older brother was a player and made a short stint in the league, with Hurricanes (dt) and Dolphins…that would/should benefit I would guess Miami

Nolen can play. If you've seen him live you know this kid is different than the rest of the kids out there. For a high school kid his size he has the ability to take games over on defense as a naturally gifted athlete. Once he gets to college his weaknesses will be addressed like conditioning.

Nolen can play. If you've seen him live you know this kid is different than the rest of the kids out there. For a high school kid his size he has the ability to take games over on defense as a naturally gifted athlete. Once he gets to college his weaknesses will be addressed like conditioning.
That's the point. In the SEC, he's gonna be playing against guys as big and as strong as he is. He's not going to be able to just "dominate" like he did in HS. Has he got the stones to work his ass off to get in shape then go toe to toe with guys that will bust him in the chops play after play? Time will tell. Not sure I'd put money on him to be honest.

VN Store

Back